Contribute
Register

MacOS won't load after Gigabyte F20f bios update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z170N-WIFI
CPU
Intel i7 6700K
Graphics
AMD RX570
I have had a stable working hackintosh for several months now. This afternoon I update bios from F7 to F20f. The system will post and I got into the BIOS and changed all my setting to the correct ones but when I try to boot into MacOS the apple logo shows up and the loading bar pops up but never load. It just stays there forever. My MacOS drive is a Samsung NVME M.2 SSD.

I have tried both...
However in both my cases clover would NOT boot macOS at all until I checked/enabled both "Patch APIC" and "KernelPM" options in clover

Try this :
At the Clover Boot Screen select Options > PCI devices > USB Ownership and USB Injection

no luck so far. Any ideas?

The Rules said:
Bumping a thread is allowed after waiting at least 24 hours with no more than one bump per day

I didn't mean to thread bump, I posted it in the wrong place on accident so I figured I should post it in the right place. Then the original thread was taken down. Im not trying to break any rules.

Update:

For some reason now this is working
Try this :
At the Clover Boot Screen select Options > PCI devices > USB Ownership and USB Injection

but, even though it does boot into macOS which is awesome, as soon as I input my password and it begins to load in, the computer freezes indefinitely. Any ideas why this would happen?

Updating bios will reset the settings. If you haven't done already try going back into your bios setup and adding recommended settings. When I did this xhci handoff was disabled. After changing the setting to enabled it booted fine.

When I did this xhci handoff was disabled. After changing the setting to enabled it booted fine

Thanks so much for the response! When I enabled XHCI Handoff it did allow me to boot without having to select USB ownership and USB injection from clover options which is great! But it still freezes as soon as I put in my password.

I went back and loaded optimized defaults for the bios and started over to make sure all the bios setting were correct and now I am having trouble booting in at all.

Thanks so much for the response! When I enabled XHCI Handoff it did allow me to boot without having to select USB ownership and USB injection from clover options which is great! But it still freezes as soon as I put in my password.

I went back and loaded optimized defaults for the bios and started over to make sure all the bios setting were correct and now I am having trouble booting in at all.

Is your motherboard Revision 1.0 or 2.0?

It would be worth changing the initial display to igfx in bios and connecting your monitor to the motherboard to rule out there being an issue with your gpu.

Last edited:
KernelPM in the installation clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back