Contribute
Register

MacOS won't boot after replacing WiFi card with BCM94350ZAE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should I buy the BCM94352Z? Is it compatible with my model for sure?

Your choice/impossible to predict the future.

Note also that you should make sure you re-extract/re-patch ACPI files after installing new hardware.

I assumed the files provided in post #3 accurately reflect "Problem Reporting" request... that is that EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin represent files with the WiFi hardware installed, but maybe you pressed F4 without the hardware installed.

Your choice/impossible to predict the future.

Note also that you should make sure you re-extract/re-patch ACPI files after installing new hardware.

I assumed the files provided in post #3 accurately reflect "Problem Reporting" request... that is that EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin represent files with the WiFi hardware installed, but maybe you pressed F4 without the hardware installed.
Yes, I had extracted them with clover and new hardware installed but I still hadn't modified ACPI/patched since it wasn't booting if that's of your interest, last report was without. Just in case, I will make a further copy later.

Yes, I had extracted them with clover and new hardware installed but I still hadn't modified ACPI/patched since it wasn't booting if that's of your interest, last report was without. Just in case, I will make a further copy later.
If on post #3 it wasn't correct this is with the new hardware, no boot.

Attachments

• CLOVER_with_no_boot.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 76
If on post #3 it wasn't correct this is with the new hardware, no boot.

If there is any doubt as to whether your ACPI/patched is based on correct/current ACPI/origin, remove ACPI/patched/DSDT.aml.

If there is any doubt as to whether your ACPI/patched is based on correct/current ACPI/origin, remove ACPI/patched/DSDT.aml.
Replaced with BCM94352Z and it works perfect. Thanks for your help!

Hi,
after replacing my WiFI card with BCM94350ZAE I can't boot MacOS.
I will attach verbose boot photo and clover configuration before replacing (which was proved to be working).
BIOS model:
0VCN26WW(V1.10)
Did I have to install some kexts before replacing the wifi card?
Thanks everyone.
I've seen some bootloops caused by this card. The BCM94352Z is perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back