Contribute
Register

macOS + Win dual boot (at same disk) with OpenCore

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are booting OC, then selecting Win10 icon causes OC to launch the Win10 boot files which then interact with the BIOS same as if you booted Win10 direct.
I am stuck with a black screen after booting via OC. Going thru BIOS works for the install USB.

I followed all the instructions in order.
Mac Catalina (10.15.6) works properly selecting from OC Menu but Windows 10 doesn't work. Win go to recovery mode.
Win only works selecting "Windows Boot Manager (...)" from BIOS.

How to fix this mini issue?
Not:
There is no Opencore boot title in BIOS.
Ignored Bootcamp steps, I didn't need it.

Thanks for this fantastic guide and Opencore. At least I'm far from returning to Clover again.

I followed all the instructions in order.
Mac Catalina (10.15.6) works properly selecting from OC Menu but Windows 10 doesn't work. Win go to recovery mode.
Win only works selecting "Windows Boot Manager (...)" from BIOS.

How to fix this mini issue?
Not:
There is no Opencore boot title in BIOS.
Ignored Bootcamp steps, I didn't need it.

Thanks for this fantastic guide and Opencore. At least I'm far from returning to Clover again.
Is w10 boot directly from the BIOS ?
And go in recovery mode only from oC ?

Is w10 boot directly from the BIOS ?
And go in recovery mode only from oC ?

Yes, the W10 can only be booted from the BIOS. OC goes into W10 recovery mode

So I suspect ACPI are responsible for .... but I can't help with that
May be I'm wrong ....

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2020-09-17 à 12.46.36.png
    Capture d’écran 2020-09-17 à 12.46.36.png
    229.8 KB · Views: 237
Hi. I've got an issue right now. Maybe anyone here could help me. I installed Windows with my Microsoft account related to a Serial Code with the UUID (I guess) of my Hewlett-Packard. However, after having up and running OpenCore, I decided to install BootCamp and all of what the OpenCore Post Install say about it.

Now I've got my Windows deactivated due to OpenCore SMBIOS injection. If anyone could help me deactivating the injection (knowing that the BootCamp Control Pane will still be working) so that I can get activated my Windows Copy?

<3

Last edited:
Same issue here with any solution found
Any one with any idea ?

I have a working Catalina with Clover and on the same drive with my pre-installed windows on my HP laptop. No chance for a secondary ssd. I put OC in EFI and it won't boot at all, the same OC files work from USB. Any chance at all that I don't have to erase and re-partition the whole SSD to make OC work?

If you want a second disk unplug it during installation process and plug it after (HDD not SSD for the second one)

I am running a Dell Latitude E7450, OC 0.6.3, Big Sur 11.0.1. I installed Windows 10 x64 via Bootcamp (on the same mSATA drive) and when i start into Windows to run the installer I am getting blue screen "ACPI_BIOS_Error". Anyone possibly know what i'm doing wrong? I've updated my BIOS, and have no peripherals plugged in. Thank you

Attachments

• config.plist
    42.2 KB · Views: 106
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back