Contribute
Register

MacOS Ventura x299 Thread

@poshook So, your desktop is not booting in Mac OS? Do you have a secondary drive to boot to Windows? Asking to see if you have a way to boot on your desktop to map the USB ports? Or are you stuck with a non-bootable machine?

@poshook So, your desktop is not booting in Mac OS? Do you have a secondary drive to boot to Windows? Asking to see if you have a way to boot on your desktop to map the USB ports? Or are you stuck with a non-bootable machine?
Hi @Jasoncole98 . All my posts are done from my Desktop computer running Monterey. Monterey is working fine but I got stuck with Ventura upgrade. Hopefully I have an emergency USB stick for monterey so I can come back when Ventura install got stuck. I have windows laptop too but I do not understand how to configure USB ports on my Monterey desktop via that Windows laptop as suggested by @Feartech

Last edited:
Hi @Jasoncole98 . All my posts are done from my Desktop computer running Monterey. Monterey is working fine but I got stuck with Ventura upgrade. Hopefully I have an emergency USB stick for monterey so I can come back when Ventura install got stuck. I have windows laptop too but I do not understand how to configure USB ports on my Monterey desktop via that Windows laptop as suggested by @Feartech
no, you don't use your windows laptop

you either install macOS Catalina on your desktop and follow the USB guide

or try installing windows on your desktop and mapping your USB that way

If Ventura is installed on a secondary drive, and there is no important data on it, format it and install Catalina. Then map USB as @Feartech has said. Leave Monterey drive alone for now, it's in a working state.

If Ventura is installed on a secondary drive, and there is no important data on it, format it and install Catalina. Then map USB as @Feartech has said. Leave Monterey drive alone for now, it's in a working state.
Ventura is not installed. I have Monterey 12.6.1 fully working, I used upgrade to Ventura via Software update on Monterey. Ventura has been downloaded and after download installation process started, I choose the same OSX drive I have now with Monterey as a destination disk (default option), then installation begun for the next 25 minutes. Then system rebooted automatically and I got Open Core splash with two options OSX Installation (Ventura installation process continues) or Boot from OSX (Monterey). I choose OSX Installation and got stuck with that IOHIDEventDriver shutdown error I posted. This is full story. I really give up all this mess with Ventura. I have only one problem. When I start computer, it does not automatically boot with Monterey instead of that it automatically tries to continue with Ventura installation. So I need to remove all that Ventura mess from computer but no idea how as I did not find anything on the web.

Ventura is not installed. I have Monterey 12.6.1 fully working, I used upgrade to Ventura via Software update on Monterey. Ventura has been downloaded and after download installation process started, I choose the same OSX drive I have now with Monterey as a destination disk (default option), then installation begun for the next 25 minutes. Then system rebooted automatically and I got Open Core splash with two options OSX Installation (Ventura installation process continues) or Boot from OSX (Monterey). I choose OSX Installation and got stuck with that IOHIDEventDriver shutdown error I posted. This is full story. I really give up all this mess with Ventura. I have only one problem. When I start computer, it does not automatically boot with Monterey instead of that it automatically tries to continue with Ventura installation. So I need to remove all that Ventura mess from computer but no idea how as I did not find anything on the web.
you have the advice you need in post #53

you have the advice you need in post #53
Kindly thank you but I give up with and try to look for the guide how to remove Ventura installation files from computer. I only deleted Ventura Installation app from applications but there must be something much more to find and remove manually. Thank you for you effort.

Kindly thank you but I give up with and try to look for the guide how to remove Ventura installation files from computer. I only deleted Ventura Installation app from applications but there must be something much more to find and remove manually. Thank you for you effort.
not sure...

you could try re installing Monterey which may remove it

Last edited:
In your EFI folder is an APPLE folder, I would remove that, it may help your issue with booting. Or do what Feartech said…

Back