Contribute
Register

MacOS Ventura x299 Thread

I was able to update to Ventura on my system. Running OC 0.8.6 and it went smooth, 3.86GB download, and multiple reboots, with install wait time... I changed the wallpaper, bad color choices on Apple's part...
I have a couple of systems using this motherboard. Any chance I can get your EFI to work from?
Thanks,
g\

@poshook You EFI folder was a mess! Here is my change log:

1. Removed the APPLE folder with firmware updates.
2. Removed things in your TOOLS directory that weren't in your config.plist, Openshell.efi wasn't OC0.8.5, it was an older version. Changed to current.
3. Fixed your platform ID's in the config list, you had iMacPro and MacPro listed there, like you used 2 different configurators to add them.
4. Updated your original config.plist, and made 2 others config-rebuilt.plist (cleaned up version) config-rebuilt x299.plist (made to mirror a x299 system on Dortania setup).

Your config plist was conflicting with the SMBIOS that was in there twice but with different data. You should look at it in ProperTree line by line.

As @Feartech said your USB mapping is missing from your EFI folder. Mapping is required after MacOS 11.3.

You can download the Catalina install from Apple as described in the Dortania setup manual. Free download!

Hope that this helps you, it'll take some testing. Now after looking at you EFI files, I would definitely get a SATA drive or a WD SSD (NOT Samsung) to use as a test or backup install to test OpenCore EFI changes. That's what I do.

I know you can do it, and move forward don't get discouraged, Check BIOS settings. The Big Sur x299 thread has great info on the AsRock x299 motherboards BIOS settings and sample EFI's too...

Attachments

• poshook EFI Updated.zip
    5 MB · Views: 54
Last edited by a moderator:
I have a couple of systems using this motherboard. Any chance I can get your EFI to work from?
Thanks,
g\
Depends what firmware revision that you are running. If it's F7E I can help you, the newer ones behave bad and don't play nice with OpenCore. Lemme know what you have and we can work move forward. I have mapped most of the USB ports and use the USB3 header (USB-C).

After looking over your config.plist, I found some things that maybe missing from your setup, as compared to mine.

If you look here, in the OpenCore Setup Guide there are some things that are needed, unless you are savy enough to make your own .aml files. Maybe test on a USB boot stick for now. I can send my config file if you would like to compare and test with your system.

No I'm not suggesting to go get another SSD, but if you have a different drive that would be helpful.

BTW you can download other MacOS's directly from Apple in the Dortania Guide...

Dortania HEDT section, https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/config-HEDT/skylake-x.html#starting-point

View attachment 557483
Hi, can you send me your EFI?

I have tried USBPort.kext, add all necessary aml files in ACPI, reboot, monterey works perfectly, however still get the same error in Ventura installation. Can anyone provide EFI folder to check myself? thank you

Ok, have an update. Panic is over, but now I got stuck on this line, any idea? Thank your guys for your patience with me:

1667389812628.png

So finally we are on the right way :D
well... kinda I suppose....

If you are unable to install Catalina to setup your ports, there is a Windows utility that may help:
not had to use it myself but I know that others have used it

Hello, I tried this guide to create USBMap.kext. Monterey is normally working with that all USB slots are fine. However Ventura installation still ends with reboot loop. I would really gave up for now but not able to remove Ventura installation parts which are now select by default in Opencore while booting

Back