Contribute
Register

macOS Ventura is Now Available From the Mac App Store

I was able to build everything up to date on my ThinkPad T480s.

2022-10-25.jpeg

Additional note: 11/2/2022
A working EFI files is attached. Please set the serial No. etc. to a suitable value. I have not tested the installation, but have checked the startup with Monterey and Ventura with no problems.

The "Samsung PM 981a" that comes standard with the ThinkPad T480s does not work properly, so it is replaced with SATA-based storage. The NVMe config is configured but disabled, so if you need it, please enable it and use it.

Additional note: 11/4/2022
Installation trials in Monterey and Ventura were fine.
The installation guidance is set in Japanese. If you want to change it to English, change "prev-lang:kbd" from "ja:16384" to "en-US:0".

Additional note: 11/8/2022
Replaced OpenCore 0.8.6 and some disabled kext with the latest version.

Attachments

• T480s.zip
    42.5 MB · Views: 117
Last edited:

HP EliteBook 850 G3 15.6 FHD, Core i7-6600U 2.6GHz, 16GB RAM, 512GB Solid State Drive, OpenCore 0.8.5 ,macOS Ventura 13.0 - everything works​

Last edited:
Update from App Store from Monteray, no issues.

- Thanks to zearp guide for Intel NUC8
- First updated the EFI without WiFi kext, then updated to Ventura, then copied the wifi kext into the EFI.

Screenshot 2022-11-01 at 21.39.45.png

Fresh reinstall with time machine transfer
find a fail-to-wake problem of BCM4360CD resulting unable unlock with apple watch
Screenshot 2022-11-02 at 20.42.54.png

upon logging find WiFi is turn off, and is able to turn bake on
IMG_9588.jpg

IMG_9590.jpg

Increase time of "turn display off when inactive" to prevent Mac from entering Full sleep.

Hi! I was able to update from Moterey to Ventura with OC 0.8.5. However, I have a big problem. It's showing continuously that I don't have an Internet connection. But I have an Internet connection from both LAN and WIFI.

And that problem affects another thing. I can't connect to Apple id because in system pref is showing continuously that I don't have wifi connection. All kext are updated. Any help it would be helpful. THX.

One click upgraded a 8th gen i5 notebook with realtek RTL8100, broadcom BCM43602 WiFi and bluetooth. Opencore 0.8.5. VoodooI2C works fine. WiFi works flawlessly.

AirDrop works ok. (iPhone to Macbook Pro: works, Macbook Pro to iPhone: not works. ID pops up but not works). AirDrop didn't work at the other desktop with Wireless-AC 9260 (with i225V).

ventura-i8250.png

Have you tried running this command in Terminal to force the AMD DRM decoder for Apple TV?
Bash:
defaults write com.apple.AppleGVA gvaForceAMDKE -boolean yes

Note that this DRM fix will break FaceTime video.
It is already enabled (and Facetime video still working for me while using a logitech BRIO):

Code:
defaults read com.apple.AppleGVA
{
    gvaForceAMDAVCDecode = 1;
}

my issue might be related to the "AMD's Encoder/Decoder are broken", as discussed here:

I am happily on Monterey 12.6.1 with O.C. 0.8.5 (signature) using iMac17,1 SMBIOS, which however is not supported anymore in Ventura.
In this very useful thread I've noticed that a few i7 6700K users succeeded with the iMac19,1 SMBIOS which then I could use as well.

My quesiton is: what is the best way to change SMBIOS before updating without messing anything up or reinstalling from scratch? Should I just change "SystemProductName" from 17,1 to 19,1 in my config.plist or should I also change the serials? Will this mess up my icloud account since right now it says it's paired with an iMac17,1?

EDIT: I managed to do it and I'm not successfully on 13.0 Ventura. The key was logging out from iCloud and removing the device from your account, then changing SMBIOS and new serial, then logging back in (iCloud thinks it's an entirely new iMac) and then updating.

Last edited:
Back