Contribute
Register

macOS Ventura is Now Available From the Mac App Store

Ventura Final i225V is covered in a number of posts, dating back to z490 Monterey:

• if your i225V RevisionID is 3+ with proper vendor ID, you can disable all previous i225V hacks and enable AppleVTD and it will work native.

• If you have RevisionID 2 or vendor ID is malformed, you can inject a Monterey i225V kext, or update your i225V controller firmware.

I have tried both and both work—my z590 i225V is Rev 3 with correct vendor so I didn't have to struggle with finding blobs to do firmware update. UNFORTUNATELY Since orig posts, some necessary blobs have disappeared, so you might have easier time with injection approach.

I've pulled all my findings together in this post:

Hth
It did help. I have a revision 2 I-225V. I've yet to find a copy of AppleIntel210Ethernet. Just enabling Apple VTD didn't help.

It did help. I have a revision 2 I-225V. I've yet to find a copy of AppleIntel210Ethernet. Just enabling Apple VTD didn't help.
ok, I got it going. I had missed that I still had e1000=0 as a boot arg. Removed that and the native Apple VTD mapped it. Weird though that it appears in settings as 2 wifi networks even though one of them is clearly ethernet. in any case, it's working.
Thanks again!

I had Ventura RC2 running on my gig but went ahead and wiped clean the SSD to install the real Ventura. Of course, everything works as expected (as it did with RC1 and RC2). OpenCore 0.8.5 with latest kexts. View attachment 556778
If you had checked the version numbers against each other, you would have found that RC2 and the release version of Ventura are the exact same. Unless you had a funky install, you erased and reinstalled Ventura for no reason.

AppleIntel210Ethernet.kext is inside the Monterey driver package /S/L/E/IONetworkingFamily.kext

Right-click Show Package Contents..

AppleVTD is not networking per se, it's about enabling a special kind of device data mover with access protections. It's two config details, Open Core ACPI DMAR config, and a corresponding BIOS setting. It's needed by Ventura i225V drivers.

If you are injecting AppleIntel210Ethernet.kext into Ventura, AppleVTD is optional.

This is all covered in the links I posted earlier.

I used built in update functionality. Everything went smoothly.

I updated Clover and kexts before OS upgrade. Hackintool is really great for checking which kexts are outdated.

I’m afraid that the era of Hacintoshes becomes to the end.

I downloaded the 12GB image BUT it's not installing on an external HDD that has monterey.
Basically the installer doesn't copy the files into the external SSD.

If I try to download from system preferences the smaller files size installer, after downloading it when preparing the update I get an error.

Last edited:
Just use the screenshot app and select the 3rd option on the menu bar, the selection tool.
Select the area you want to capture above the serial number and capture to a file . or you can select the full image of the info box and black out the serial number with a picture editor.

Hotkeys are :-

Command-Shift-3 = full screen capture
Command-Shift-4 = Select area to capture

Hope this helps.
After pressing "Command + shift + 4", hit the "spacebar" afterward and your cursor will become a camera icon. It will then highlight the current window it is over. Press your left mouse button and it will take a screenshot of that window so no cropping is necessary.

Here you go, with OpenCore 0.8.5 and latest kexts that you will need for your Gigabyte Z270XP-SLI motherboard. Serials have been removed so use your own system values.

If you want to enable DRM (AppleTV+ and FairPlay), make sure you set Internal Graphics to ENABLED (in BIOS), and run this command in Terminal:

defaults write com.apple.AppleGVA gvaForceAMDKE -boolean yes

Someone said Facetime would be broken once that command is run but I have tested both and Facetime is still working fine on mine. I am now using a WD Black SN750 NVMe due to problem with Samsung NVMe's.

Try it out and let me know if everything works for you.
I just noticed that the Dortania guide recommended using 18,1 with Kaby Lake and GPU?

OpenCore-Install-Guide

Why did we end up using 18,3 for the past few years? 18,3 could very well be a Better choice but .. I have no clue as to .. Why?

And do I need to generate new serial numbers etc. (start from scratch) if I move to another platform id in the future (as iMessage etc. work perfectly with the serials etc. I'm using)?

BTW - I have an MSI Gaming AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT arriving Thursday and I'll hopefully get it installed after I have Ventura working.

There seem to be a number of small changes for that card (which is very low wattage but decent performance) that are mentioned in other threads on the Ventura forum.

I wonder if the choice of video card will affect the platform id? I sadly realize that I have no clue as to how to intelligently Chose a platform id?

Last edited:
Back