Contribute
Register

macOS Ventura is Now Available From the Mac App Store

• Started with macOS Monterey 12.6 base.
  • Updated OpenCore 0.7.2 to 0.8.5; updated kexts to current versions.
  • Unable to upgrade to Monterey 12.6.1: multiple attempts "failed to prepare the update."
  • Successful upgrade to Ventura 13.0: single attempt, no exceptions.
  • All appears to be working properly after having to authorize some of the apps such as BTT.
AORUS Pro Z390-I // i7-8700K // RX 580

I am stuck on a loop. Can anyone help?
This is the last screen that I see

Attachments

• IMG_6105.jpg
    IMG_6105.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 68
It looks like it's complaining about IONVMeController in connection with shutdown.

What OC version are you using?

Installation went fine after updating the Z490 to OC 0.8.5.

You never know until you try.

Upgraded OC 0.7.6 --> 0.8.5.

Then... success

View attachment 556878
Yomiro,
Could you drop a reply with your efi I have same board Asus Z490I as you and I am having some problems and I would like to compare? Redact serials before sending if this possible???????

Last edited:
I have just noticed that after I updated to Ventura, the disk (NVMe) which was name Monterey and I then manually changed it to Ventura in the Finder, is still showing as Monterey in the OpenCore picker. I tried several times to re-set NVRAM and it did not change. I opened disk utility and notice that Data partition was still Monterey, so I changed that to Ventura as well. But still Monterey in OpenCore.

What to do?

Update: Never mind I found the solution (had the same issue back between Catalina and Big Sur). Un-install Intel Power Gadget, re-install it and reboot. Disk name is update to Ventura.

Last edited:
Ventura running just fine on the hardware upgrade to my PowerMac G5 White "Grand Mac" computer using Opencore 0.8.5. :)

Ventura.jpg

Last edited:
Yomiro,
Could you drop a reply with your efi I have same board Asus Z490I as you and I am having some problems and I would like to compare? Redact serials before sending if this possible???????
Sure. But this is not a support thread.

Attachments

• EFI 10-27-2022 OpenCore 0.8.5.zip
    11.9 MB · Views: 74
Can I see your config?
I try fresh install on external ssd but always reboot when run "macOS Installer" drive.

Thank you.

Back