Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
ventura_install.png
The release version of macOS Ventura (13.0) is now available from the Mac App Store. Anyone who has purchased Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, OS X 10.7 Lion, OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, or has OS X 10.9 Mavericks, OS X 10.10 Yosemite, OS X 10.11 El Capitan, macOS 10.12 Sierra, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, macOS 10.14 Mojave, macOS 10.15 Catalina, macOS 11.0 Big Sur, or macOS 12.0 Monterey installed will be able to upgrade for no cost.

What we know about 13.0 so far...
  • macOS Build 22A380
  • Install macOS Ventura Application size: 12.15 GB
  • Updated bootloader required for installation. Update to latest OpenCore (0.8.2+) or Clover (r5148+) release
  • Intel graphics drivers updated
    • Only Intel HD 630 internal graphics supported
    • Intel HD 4600, HD 530 internal graphics unsupported
  • AMD graphics drivers updated
    • AMD 7xxx graphics cards now unsupported
  • Updated AppleALC, Lilu, VirtualSMC and WhateverGreen may be required.
  • Updated (Ventura) version of AirportItlwm required.
  • Updated (2.6.4+) version of BluetoolFixup required.
  • New system definition (SMBIOS) requirements - see here
  • Make sure the software you use has been updated with macOS Ventura compatibility before updating.
Testing is now underway- this post will be updated. Good luck, and let us know how it goes! Report your results here.

Related:

Last edited:
Here's the official list of Ventura capable Macs. Primarily those from 2017 or newer.
  • iMac 2017 and later.
  • Mac Pro 2019 and later.
  • iMac Pro 2017.
  • Mac Studio 2022.
  • MacBook Air 2018 and later.
  • Mac mini 2018 and later.
  • MacBook Pro 2017 and later.
  • MacBook 2017.
Screen Shot 2022-10-24 at 10.12.55 AM.png

Has anyone been able to do upgrade from update from Monterey without have to modify anything?

Has anyone been able to do upgrade from update from Monterey without have to modify anything?
I'm going to test that here in a bit. Updating to 12.6.1 first.

I installed macOS Ventura RC2 on my Monterey build (after wiping the disk cleaned) without any issues. I did not have to modify any settings in config.plist (running OpenCore 0.8.5).

I love living on the edge of life.
So I am going to do a direct update on my Hackbook,
wish me luck.
Yes - that's what I want to see - pls post back if you can get past boot soonest!

Back