Contribute
Register

macOS Ventura is Now Available From the Mac App Store

Update went fine, no issue at all. From 12.5 to 13.0, OC 0.8.5 basic kext updated. Good job !!!

And where is this folder?
/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration
Files:
  • com.apple.airport.preferences.plist
  • com.apple.network.eapolclient.configuration.plist
  • com.apple.wifi.message-tracer.plist
  • NetworkInterfaces.plist
  • preferences.plist

Anyone using a z490 prime a board with the I-225v ethernet chip? Mine has been rock solid through the Ventura betas but now with Ventura final it's gone.

/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration
Files:
  • com.apple.airport.preferences.plist
  • com.apple.network.eapolclient.configuration.plist
  • com.apple.wifi.message-tracer.plist
  • NetworkInterfaces.plist
  • preferences.plist
hi! your gigabyte board uses the I-225V lan chip as well, right? Have you upgraded to Ventura final? When I did I lost the lan entirely. Im using the OpenCore guide and the I-225V chip has worked well for a long time but now I can't get it to work.

Ventura Final i225V is covered in a number of posts, dating back to z490 Monterey:

• if your i225V RevisionID is 3+ with proper vendor ID, you can disable all previous i225V hacks and enable AppleVTD and it will work native.

• If you have RevisionID 2 or vendor ID is malformed, you can inject a Monterey i225V kext, or update your i225V controller firmware.

I have tried both and both work—my z590 i225V is Rev 3 with correct vendor so I didn't have to struggle with finding blobs to do firmware update. UNFORTUNATELY Since orig posts, some necessary blobs have disappeared, so you might have easier time with injection approach.

I've pulled all my findings together in this post:

Hth

Ventura Final i225V is covered in a number of posts, dating back to z490 Monterey:

• if your i225V RevisionID is 3+ with proper vendor ID, you can disable all previous i225V hacks and enable AppleVTD and it will work native.

• If you have RevisionID 2 or vendor ID is malformed, you can inject a Monterey i225V kext, or update your i225V controller firmware.

I have tried both and both work—my z590 i225V is Rev 3 with correct vendor so I didn't have to struggle with finding blobs to do firmware update. UNFORTUNATELY Since orig posts, some necessary blobs have disappeared, so you might have easier time with injection approach.

I've pulled all my findings together in this post:

Hth
I appreciate the time you took to write that. I did look. I read through all the posts on this thread. I didnot think that a Ventura problem would be covered related to Monterey. Again, thanks

hi! your gigabyte board uses the I-225V lan chip as well, right? Have you upgraded to Ventura final? When I did I lost the lan entirely. Im using the OpenCore guide and the I-225V chip has worked well for a long time but now I can't get it to work.
I updated to Ventura 13.0 (not sure if it is final or not) from 12.6.1 Monterey using OC 0.8.3. Both Ethernet ports are working fine and have been working from the beginning of Monterey.

Update went fine, no issue at all. From 12.5 to 13.0, OC 0.8.5 basic kext updated. Good job !!!
I have similar specs as yours and I updated with issues but then I decided to start fresh and things went the wrong way. First it did to want to boot at all and then when I did get to boot and it went to installation, all went Russian. Now I have it running with English but I was wondering if you can compare EFI or config.plist so I can know if I am missing drivers or kexts. Im ok if you hesitant though I have the system running but every now and then safari tends to freeze and boot takes longer than before.

The update went well, no issue at all. From 12.5 to 13.0, OC 0.8.5 basic kext updated.
How do I take a screenshot without showing the serial number (redacted) nicely, so I can post and share it here?

The update went well, no issue at all. From 12.5 to 13.0, OC 0.8.5 basic kext updated.
How do I take a screenshot without showing the serial number (redacted) nicely, so I can post and share it here?

Just use the screenshot app and select the 3rd option on the menu bar, the selection tool.
Select the area you want to capture above the serial number and capture to a file . or you can select the full image of the info box and black out the serial number with a picture editor.

Hotkeys are :-

Command-Shift-3 = full screen capture
Command-Shift-4 = Select area to capture

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Back