2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,
My Hackintosh is currently running macOS Sierra (10.12.6) It works fine, except for audio. Sometimes when I turn on the computer, It will give me audio and other times it won't. I just would like to make this more stable. It is also running along side Mac OS X Mavericks. Every time I start up Mavericks the audio works 99% of the time. However I run into more issues on Mavericks such as Safari sometimes loading pages and sometimes not loading at all. Another issue with Mavericks is that it is becoming outdated.

Thanks!

Hackintosh Specs-
Core 2 Duo
1TB WD Blue
4GB Ram
BFG GeForce 9400 GT 512 MB
Foxconn Motherboard

Which method are you using to enable ALC662 audio ?

Realtek ALC662 and a G31 chipset motherboard are from about 2007 so I'd consider that an end of life system for hackintoshing. Probably a good time to upgrade to something a little newer. You could install Win7 on this system and get fully working audio that way. If you want to use some of the parts from this system like your HDD and graphics card, have a look at the Ivy Bridge based HP 8300 Guide. It's one of the most fully Hackintosh compatible desktops ever built. They can be purchased refurbished for a very small amount of money and run High Sierra as well as the latest macOS Mojave with onboard HD4000 if you buy one with the right Ivy bridge CPU. I don't think the 9400GT will work.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...orking-and-easily-affordable-customac.224812/

A maximum of 4GB of DDR2 800 ram is hardly even capable of running an OS like macOS Sierra. Maybe allows one or two browser tabs open at a time.

Screen_Shot_4.jpg

Last edited:
Which method are you using to enable ALC662 audio ?

Realtek ALC662 and a G31 chipset motherboard are from about 2007 so I'd consider that an end of life system for hackintoshing. Probably a good time to upgrade to something a little newer. You could install Win7 on this system and get fully working audio that way. If you want to use some of the parts from this system like your HDD and graphics card, have a look at the Ivy Bridge based HP 8300 Guide. It's one of the most fully Hackintosh compatible desktops ever built. They can be purchased refurbished for a very small amount of money and run High Sierra as well as the latest macOS Mojave with onboard HD4000 if you buy one with the right Ivy bridge CPU. I don't think the 9400GT will work.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...orking-and-easily-affordable-customac.224812/

A maximum of 4GB of DDR2 800 ram is hardly even capable of running an OS like macOS Sierra. Maybe allows one or two browser tabs open at a time.

View attachment 336867

I'd rather not upgrade because i just built this last sumer. The audio works fine, its just that i don't know if one day i turn it on and i have sound and the other day i don't have sound. I would rather it be more consistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back