Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra Says, is damaged and can't be open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Intel DX58SO
CPU
i7
Graphics
AMD RADEON 7970
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. Workgroup Server
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
http://imgur.com/a/TxTnD

Getting error is damaged and can't be open, like in EL Cap there is no options in Privacy settings where it says Anywhere. how i can open this ? because of these lots of application can't able to use.

Settings :

http://imgur.com/a/2NmYV

Thanks

This is the Buying section. You may want to post your question in the appropriate section, the Sierra Support section.

In Terminal use the following command:
Code:
sudo spctl --master-disable
This disables Gatekeeper and resurfaces the old “from anywhere” option in the Gatekeeper UI in system preferences.

Sounds more like a corrupt installer to me. Surely Apple installers are signed? Have you tried downloading again?

Got Sierra installed on my laptop (clean install) just downloaded via chrome latest version and it works ok for me. unibeast opens up and i went through the motions of installing (but haven't as i haven't got a usb to hand!)

edit:
Code:
i did run this the other day so maybe that had something todo with it

Got Sierra installed on my laptop (clean install) just downloaded via chrome latest version and it works ok for me. unibeast opens up and i went through the motions of installing (but haven't as i haven't got a usb to hand!)

edit:
Code:

Ta :)

Sounds more like a corrupt installer to me. Surely Apple installers are signed? Have you tried downloading again?

This will work when you go to security and privacy preference panel and select from anywhere and launch - I have had this issue and that resolved it.

edit:
Code:
thanks, works like a charm!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back