Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra Public Beta 7 is Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
All went well. Audio stayed working after the update. Things seems smoother this time around.
Seems to have fixed some issues I was having with Safari not rendering web-pages fully and leaving empty gaps that sometimes reappeared when i moused over or highlighted the surrounding text.

Are you getting to the clover boot screen? Hit the first button on the left of the bottom row, and hot return. It's like terminal, type in " bcfg boot dump". If you see a UEFI partition with OS in the title find the boot number (00, 01, 02, 09, etc..). And type in bcfg boot rm (number ie., 00, 01, 09). Type the boot dump command again and see if it's gone, type exit and boot up clover.
thank you for your reply.....i can enable GTX 960 after using this method??? GREAT

Problem seems to be that in Sierra the nvda_drv=1 boot flag does not work, you need to have the nvda_drv=1 in your nvram. The nVidia Web Driver adds this nvram variable, but if your nvram is not working properly (changes are not permanent), this will setting be lost upon reboot.

Some motherboards (notably all Asus Z97 boards!) has nvram issues with current Clover versions - see https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/tickets/165/

This was not a serious issue in the past, but now it prohibits the web drivers to load. You need to set up Clover to use a file based nvram until this is fixed (create nvram.plist in your root, add nvda_drv=1 to it and set up the EmuVariableUefi Clover driver).

I have clean installed this Beta and everything works besides the onboard sound. I had to install the package from the El Capitan Multibeast, unfortunately the package driver wouldn't install for the onboard sound (Realtek® ALC892). Sleep still doesn't work but it didn't with El Cap. It may be due to a new install but it seems faster animations and transitions between apps.

Also, i need to use the USB drive with Clover to boot it..

All went well. ...

• After returning from work it seems my Safari rendering issues are still present, so back to Chrome for me.
  • Also Mail, iTunes and Terminal all failed to load. Mail and Terminal seem okay again after a quick reboot, but iTunes still failing and producing a 'Problem Report' that mentions 'AppleIntelHD4000GraphicsMTLDriver' multiple times..
  • Webcam hasnt been detected by PhotoBooth since El Capitan but shows up in System Profiler under USB...
  • Also there is a loud popping sound before any audio is played
  • App Store was unresponsive before reboot - suffers similar rendering issues to Safari after reboot

Last edited:
Problem seems to be that in Sierra the nvda_drv=1 boot flag does not work, you need to have the nvda_drv=1 in your nvram. The nVidia Web Driver adds this nvram variable, but if your nvram is not working properly (changes are not permanent), this will setting be lost upon reboot.

Some motherboards (notably all Asus Z97 boards!) has nvram issues with current Clover versions - see https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/tickets/165/

This was not a serious issue in the past, but now it prohibits the web drivers to load. You need to set up Clover to use a file based nvram until this is fixed (create nvram.plist in your root, add nvda_drv=1 to it and set up the EmuVariableUefi Clover driver).
thank you

wDWcJUW.png

nice, but bench it´s a little low than 10.11.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back