Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra Public Beta 7 is Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
All went fine for me to, i am using a Dell UP2715K, running on Asrock z170-i7 6000k 530 graphic's, Asus thunderbolt 2
I have a perfect set up its fast and very smooth after ditching my txt 970 which caused many issues.
I may get a RX480
RX480 is not supported yet.

Boot with nv_disable=1 to get to the desktop. Download the newest WebDrivers from here: https://images.nvidia.com/mac/2Fa4AuEpyQiZr7kwcNR8SDb8TorDy7Qz/WebDriver-367.10.10.05b01.pkg
Install them. That's all.
Normally the installer should take care of writing/adding to the NVRAM a new boot flag (nvda_drv=1) but sometimes it just... well, doesn't work at all, to alleviate this problem just add the boot flag by yourself. You'll need Clover Configurator and EFI Mounter (you can find this in the Downloads section>community software)
Open EFI Mounter, type in your password, select your disk and Mount.
Open Clover Configurator, at the bottom select your config.plist (EFI>EFI>Clover>config.plist)
Go to the Boot tab at the left side and select nvda_drv=1
Save changes and restart.View attachment 208697

Please note that nvda_drv=1 in Clover's config.pist is not enough anymore, the nvda_drv=1 flag must be present in the nvram as well. If this is not the case, the nVidia Web Driver fails to load even with the nvda_drv=1 boot flag.

If your nvram is not persistent for whatever reason (use nvram -p to check if you have the nvda_drv flag present), you need to install the proper UEFI driver (EmuVariableUefi) to simulate nvram, create an nvram.plist file in your root directory (sudo nvram -p -x >nvram.plist) , and add the nvda_drv=1 to your nvram.plist (sudo nvram nvda_drv=1).

Please note that nvda_drv=1 in Clover's config.pist is not enough anymore, the nvda_drv=1 flag must be present in the nvram as well. If this is not the case, the nVidia Web Driver fails to load even with the nvda_drv=1 boot flag.

If your nvram is not persistent for whatever reason (use nvram -p to check if you have the nvda_drv flag present), you need to install the proper UEFI driver (EmuVariableUefi) to simulate nvram, create an nvram.plist file in your root directory (sudo nvram -p -x >nvram.plist) , and add the nvda_drv=1 to your nvram.plist (sudo nvram nvda_drv=1).
GREAT!!!!!!!

Didn't know about that :O
So it seems like my NVRAM is stable, thanks for the info

I still have my problem of not recognizing the USB 3.0 while under 10.11.6, with usbinjectall, everything works...
And you ?

thank you....when i install osx 10.11.6, i also use this method you say above..but when i reboot, it goes black screen and no signal and then i use AGDPFIX to solve this black screen problem,,,but on mACOS 10.12...AGDPFIX fails.:(
AGDPFIX works for me..

works for you on mac os 10.12>?????

yep, me too.

but mac pixel clock patch don´t work for me after update latest beta

Everything went fine after (PB7) update. As always, just edit applegraphicscontrol and wifi kext.
It may be just my impression, but I even think that with this update (PB7) my x99 system became more stable
thumbsup_anim.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back