Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra Public Beta 5 is Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
It shows them after reloading the clover bootloader, but after booting up I remove the Ssd and use EFI mounter and find an empty folder. It's strange, something is eating my boot file on the EFI partition. I notice it gets moved to the disk0s2 partition under EFI backups. Do you think it could be something going on between legacy and uefi boot modes or commands?

I really don't know man - but it is highly unlikely because I have multi boot in my builds with clover as the boot loader and windows is installed as Legacy and I don't have the problem you described, that is indeed strange maybe the gurus here can shine some light on it.

I noticed that as well, it may be because there is no data on the EFI partition. When I use EFI mounter it shows an empty folder. I've reloaded it with clover bootloader changed out the config.plist and fake/null + HFS_+EFI and after boot it disappears again. It's like bcfg boot rm is being conducted on the EFI partition automatically.

I have the same issue, Clover Configurator won't mount the EFI.

The empty folder is because an empty folder is created under /Volumes in which the EFI is supposed to be mounted..
the command to mount it manually from terminal would be something like:
"sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk0s1 /Volumes/EFI" depending on which disk and partition your EFI is at.

The folder is created but the mount never happens that's why the folder is empty.

Mounting it manually from terminal works though.

Last edited:
I really don't know man - but it is highly unlikely because I have multi boot in my builds with clover as the boot loader and windows is installed as Legacy and I don't have the problem you described, that is indeed strange maybe the gurus here can shine some light on it.

It only happens on my pentium g3258 build, my Skylake runs like butter, except for the RX480 stutter in Siri.

It only happens on my pentium g3258 build, my Skylake runs like butter, except for the RX480 stutter in Siri.

OK - I wouldn't sweat too much over these little glitches after all we are still in Beta mode, hopefully come the Fall the final release will be up to par.

I have the same.
Any fixes or updates?

Matt
I, too, have the graphics glitch in the windows upper left hand corner with my GTX 750 Ti. I have not found a solution, and I have been looking for one at all the usual places. Sierra does not have this problem on MyHero with the GTX 760.

To mount (and eject) drives from the menu bar try the free Semulov app.

I, too, have the graphics glitch in the windows upper left hand corner with my GTX 750 Ti. I have not found a solution, and I have been looking for one at all the usual places. Sierra does not have this problem on MyHero with the GTX 760.

Must be related to gtx750's cos it doesn't happen with my old gt210.

Might try my onboard video in a sec.

Matt

It seems impossible to install this beta without an internet connection. I have try so by disconnecting the network cable before installation but it is reporting an error and stops.
Also, better make sure that you know your Apple ID and password before installing because it is mandatory too.
Does anyone knows what kind of verification is done by Apple during install? Is it of no consequence?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back