Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra Public Beta 5 is Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
After the upgrade I can no longer mount the EFI partition. Or at least there seems to be no files in the EFI folder.

I had the same issue after the beta 2 update. Does it still boot? I ran MultiBeast again and only added the clover bootloaders, and also made sure to select the proper system ID before loading. The auto default is MacPro 3.1 if you don't change it manually.

It still booted fine. CloverConfigurator still won't mount the EFI partition. I have to do it manually, or use EFI mounter.

Have you updated CloverConfigurator to the latest edition ?

Last edited:
I too find Clover Configurator is not mounting EFI partition, it was in ok in Beta 4 before CC was updated - also have to mount it manually. No biggie to be honest, will uninstall/reinstall and see if that will do the trick, if it doesn't I can live with it.

It still booted fine. CloverConfigurator still won't mount the EFI partition. I have to do it manually, or use EFI mounter.

I noticed that as well, it may be because there is no data on the EFI partition. When I use EFI mounter it shows an empty folder. I've reloaded it with clover bootloader changed out the config.plist and fake/null + HFS_+EFI and after boot it disappears again. It's like bcfg boot rm is being conducted on the EFI partition automatically.

I noticed that as well, it may be because there is no data on the EFI partition. When I use EFI mounter it shows an empty folder. I've reloaded it with clover bootloader changed out the config.plist and fake/null + HFS_+EFI and after boot it disappears again. It's like bcfg boot rm is being conducted on the EFI partition automatically.

No data on the EFI partition? and an empty folder!!! - I don't understand, so your partition doesn't show these folders or they do but are empty? Screen Shot 2016-08-17 at 18.21.37.png

No data on the EFI partition? and an empty folder!!! - I don't understand, so your partition doesn't show these folders or they do but are empty?View attachment 207277

It shows them after reloading the clover bootloader, but after booting up I remove the Ssd and use EFI mounter and find an empty folder. It's strange, something is eating my boot file on the EFI partition. I notice it gets moved to the disk0s2 partition under EFI backups. Do you think it could be something going on between legacy and uefi boot modes or commands?

This beta finally start to recognize my GTX750ti, but have some artefacts in left corner :p I hope there will be update for nvidia soon :)

Same problem here on Beta 4 and 5. Every menu item or window opened garbles the left top corner. Also occasional freeze to safari window. Would be something for the Nvidea tam to look into, I hope...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back