Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra Public Beta 4 is Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
GREAT!how to get the N cards work! please help! thank you
IDK what exactly you mean, but in order to use my GTX 970 after the update I've had to boot with nv_disable=1 as bootflag, once you're logged in you download the new WebDrivers that @PabloMac98 pointed out, install them and reboot, this time with nvda_drv=1 as bootflag (you don't need nv_disable=1 from now on, until next update).
If you were to have a problem with the installation like I did (after the reboot and applied the new bootflag that the WebDrivers don't load and the GUI feels laggy and in About this Mac it says only 3MB), what I did was to clear the nvram (in terminal sudo nvram -c ) and installed again the WebDrivers and it just works :D

IDK what exactly you mean, but in order to use my GTX 970 after the update I've had to boot with nv_disable=1 as bootflag, once you're logged in you download the new WebDrivers that @PabloMac98 pointed out, install them and reboot, this time with nvda_drv=1 as bootflag (you don't need nv_disable=1 from now on, until next update).
If you were to have a problem with the installation like I did (after the reboot and applied the new bootflag that the WebDrivers don't load and the GUI feels laggy and in About this Mac it says only 3MB), what I did was to clear the nvram (in terminal sudo nvram -c ) and installed again the WebDrivers and it just works :D

What you described is well known standard how to get it to work. It works under 10.11.6 but not under macOS Sierra PB3, PB4. Many on internet have reported the same problem. Latest Clover Bootloader 3688 does not fix thi problem.

Update installed without problems. There was no need to reinstall Nvidia WebDrivers or even to boot with changed boot-arguments. Just installed the update via the MAS and let the installation run through.

Dfritchie, could you tell me please how you get your r7 370 working in your intstal

Thanks
I used clover to spoof the device ID to 0x6810 instead of 0x6811as shown here, then I dug around in the System Profiler app so the proper name would display in About This Mac. You have to edit the SPInfo.strings file.

Last edited:
THANK YOU. mine is gtx 960..i will try it

What you described is well known standard how to get it to work. It works under 10.11.6 but not under macOS Sierra PB3, PB4. Many on internet have reported the same problem. Latest Clover Bootloader 3688 does not fix thi problem.
right! only installing WEB drive cant resolve this problem..after installed it only reboot

Back in the days when I decided to build a hack - Snow Leopard was my first install - I took my cue from, I think it was Admin Willow who was running the Batmobile ATI 5770 version which was reported as plug and play. Its a bit long in the tooth now so to speak but it still purrs with every major update/upgrade without any kind of tinkering ever. I would love another card but loathed to wait for driver updates at every os x change.

My 5770 was getting pokey. Got a R9 280X used cheap. Plug and play. Surprising speed. No issues. Great upgrade.

Updated successfully to PB4 via the App Store update. Had my monitors going to sleep after booting the first time, so booted with nv_disable=1 and applied the AGDPFix for Nvidia cards and rebooted. Both monitors working fully at 4K @60hz with full acceleration.

Updated successfully to PB4 via the App Store update. Had my monitors going to sleep after booting the first time, so booted with nv_disable=1 and applied the AGDPFix for Nvidia cards and rebooted. Both monitors working fully at 4K @60hz with full acceleration.
what is your smbios? IMAC 17.1?

Working great !!!

It's a Pentium G3220 not i5 :D

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-08-11 at 12.54.45.png
    Screen Shot 2016-08-11 at 12.54.45.png
    127.3 KB · Views: 392
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back