Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra Public Beta 3 is Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay I see. I will do that. Thank you.

MacPro 4.1, iMac 14.1, and MacBook 5.2 are the minimal system specs to use. Anything else will get you clobbered out of Sierra.

Download the V3676 Clover version and remake your sub drive. Don't add your config.plist and let it set everything for you. I got right in with a skylake 6500 as an iMac 17.1, you can edit it after your in and don't forget if you run multi beast to select the one of the system definitions above. The default for MultiBeast is MP 3.1 if you don't select anything.

@ dronefriend - Your details are definitely from a real Mac hence that message. Just imagine the thousands if not millions of units Apple produce all over the world every day. It's not a case of will you be kicked off the Apple Servers but definitely will if you carry on with that s/n. The best way forward is to keep the Mac model you're using but definitely change S/N and MLB and SmUUID. The problem you had when you changed it the last time was because your values were not correct or injected the proper way.

No you don't have to change your SMBIOS, but the instructions clearly state that you need to press the number generator several times before starting the process you document above. There have been several posts about not trusting number Clover Config initially generates. I clicked the randomizer 5 times and then took that SN to the Apple site to make sure it was Not Valid. If you haven't done that I would suggest that is where you need to start. And using Terminal to confirm that the SN sticks with each reboot.
Alright :(

How do I remove this S/N from my apple ID?

MacPro 4.1, iMac 14.1, and MacBook 5.2 are the minimal system specs to use. Anything else will get you clobbered out of Sierra.

Download the V3676 Clover version and remake your sub drive. Don't add your config.plist and let it set everything for you. I got right in with a skylake 6500 as an iMac 17.1, you can edit it after your in and don't forget if you run multi beast to select the one of the system definitions above. The default for multi beast is MP 3.1 if you don't select anything.

Mac Pro 4,1 isn't supported. And I do not recommend using a Mac Pro system definition anyway. Powermanagement and AppleTyMCE will be a issue.

It has all been taken care of thanks to the great guide by PILGR1M.
New serial on this computer, old device unlinked from my Apple ID.

There is the supported models list form Apple the cutoff is MacBook 5.2, iMac 14.1, and MacPro 4.1, the older systems are flagged and not compatible with Sierra. Anything below those models can't get the download.

I did somehow. Downloaded on a 13.2, installed on the same (using the 13.2 in the plist on the usb drive as well). Maybe I found a loophole unknowingly?

You have to log out of all your iCloud, iTunes, iMessage etc. accounts and regenerate a new S/N and go through the checking process as outlined from the How to get iMessage working instructions. You're using Clover Configurator, correct?

Download the V3676 Clover version and remake your sub drive. Don't add your config.plist and let it set everything for you. I got right in with a skylake 6500 as an iMac 17.1, you can edit it after your in and don't forget if you run multi beast to select the one of the system definitions above. The default for multi beast is MP 3.1 if you don't select anything.

Just to confirm, my understanding that iMac, late 2009 are supported according to Apple. That would put your min SMBIOS at 10,1 and not 14,1. But later is better, of course, if your system matches.

Mac Pro 4,1 isn't supported. And I do not recommend using a Mac Pro system definition anyway. Powermanagement and AppleTyMCE will be a issue.

I thought the 3.1 system def was the cutoff.
I did somehow. Downloaded on a 13.2, installed on the same (using the 13.2 in the plist on the usb drive as well). Maybe I found a loophole unknowingly?

Nice to know, a few people have gotten past the "your computer is not supported" message with various models. I'm getting close with my Pentium g3258. I did break in using my Skylake cpuid 0x0506E0 (without kexts and caches option) on my cloned ssd from my other build, but after runnning multi beast i lost the ability to sneak in again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back