Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra Public Beta 3 is Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
My experience is installation was flawless. After that, just needed to update web drivers for my GTX980Ti. Now, the system crashes then reboots itself every couple of hours. Anybody experiencing this? I'm using iMac 14.2 profile. Never had this problem in el cap.

Probably a not yet mature combination of beta and vid driver. If you remove the vid driver does it still crash?
Your processor/mobo hardware would match a 13.2 profile btw, not 14.2.

Probably a not yet mature combination of beta and vid driver. If you remove the vid driver does it still crash?
Your processor/mobo hardware would match a 13.2 profile btw, not 14.2.

There is the supported models list form Apple the cutoff is MacBook 5.2, iMac 14.1, and MacPro 4.1, the older systems are flagged and not compatible with Sierra. Anything below those models can't get the download.

Guys - It all changed on the Apple s/n verification site, the old message -"We're sorry, the number you have provided cannot be found in our records. Please verify the number and try again" is now changed to -"We're sorry, but this serial number is not valid. Please check your information and try again". Any message that your s/n has passed means there is a genuine Mac model sold by Apple and is already issued with that s/n which will definitely be flagged up on the servers, your Hack and the Mac with the same s/n will have the Security Tokens revoked also Apple ID causing confusion until Apple can verify the genuine Mac, guess which one will be allowed back on the Servers. The - 'Not Valid' is the best route to take to insure you're not running a Cloned machine unless the s/n is from a Mac that is owned by you and registered to your Apple ID. Hope this dispells any confusion.

Thank you, that clears it all.
One more question, is it possible to change a real MacBook System Definition? MacBook (Late 2009) is supported and I have MacBook (Mid 2009)

Guys - It all changed on the Apple s/n verification site, the old message -"We're sorry, the number you have provided cannot be found in our records. Please verify the number and try again" is now changed to -"We're sorry, but this serial number is not valid. Please check your information and try again". Any message that your s/n has passed means there is a genuine Mac model sold by Apple and is already issued with that s/n which will definitely be flagged up on the servers, your Hack and the Mac with the same s/n will have the Security Tokens revoked also Apple ID causing confusion until Apple can verify the genuine Mac, guess which one will be allowed back on the Servers. The - 'Not Valid' is the best route to take to insure you're not running a Cloned machine unless the s/n is from a Mac that is owned by you and registered to your Apple ID. Hope this dispells any confusion.

I'm not having no issues. My serial and ROM isn't real but my MLB is from a old MacBook which is water damaged not having no issues in 10.11 or 10.12 and iMessage and FaceTime works fine on all 3 machines.

Thank you, that clears it all.
One more question, is it possible to change a real MacBook System Definition? MacBook (Late 2009) is supported and I have MacBook (Mid 2009)

I have both mackbooks, the 5.1 ddr2 memory, and the 5.2 ddr3 memory. The 5.2 has Sierra on it and is labeled a 6.1 now in clover and Sierra. The ddr2 MacBook will only handle El Capitan.
Go to about this Mac and check your ram, if it's ddr2 it won't let you download the beta app.

Interesting thing is my MacBook 6.1 stopped at the beta 2 download and doesn't or won't recognize or require the beta 3 update. It's says no more updates available when I search for them. Hope you have the ddr3 version. I got mine for $150 on Amazon spent $40 on 8g ram and threw in a Ssd disk.

I have OSX El Capitan 10.11.6 installed. I tried to install macOS Sierra Public Beta, but it is never able to boot. It just goes to the 'don't' sign after the Apple shows up. With verbose status, I can see errors about "Error allocating 0x#### pages at 0x####...". Sometimes the errors don't show up and it just reboots. Sometimes the Apple logo/asterisks (verbose) show up and stay like that forever. This happens whether I do an upgrade or a fresh install.

I think I'll just wait for the actual release. I do need macOS Sierra and not El Capitan, because the NVIDIA Web Drivers for El Capitan don't yet support the GTX1000 series, while the ones for Sierra do.

I have OSX El Capitan 10.11.6 installed. I tried to install macOS Sierra Public Beta, but it is never able to boot. It just goes to the 'don't' sign after the Apple shows up. With verbose status, I can see errors about "Error allocating 0x#### pages at 0x####...". Sometimes the errors don't show up and it just reboots. Sometimes the Apple logo/asterisks (verbose) show up and stay like that forever. This happens whether I do an upgrade or a fresh install.

I think I'll just wait for the actual release. I do need macOS Sierra and not El Capitan, because the NVIDIA Web Drivers for El Capitan don't yet support the GTX1000 series, while the ones for Sierra do.

Which system definition are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back