Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra Public Beta 3 is Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. This message means nobody obtains the number you entered and therefore you can use it.

Are you sure?? As far as i remember the message i suppose to get was "We're sorry, the number you have provided cannot be found in our records. Please verify the number and try again"

If you have Clover Configurator (not boot loader) and Xcode (maybe EFI MOUNTER V3, its free) you can generate a new config.plist and add all your numbers, when you close the app you can opt to save it to your desktop. Open the clover configurator and mount EFI. Select the proper boot disk by hitting the arrow button downward direction ( if only one option appears) and scroll to the disk1s1, disk2s1, ect.. and hit enter. Close configurator, there should be an EFI disk symbol on your desktop. Open EFI file on desktop and go to clover and open it, you can drag your new corrected config.plist from the desktop to clover in EFI and follow the replace prompt. If you have disk utility you can click on the config.plist (corrected) and check your numbers. You can load the plist on your EFI backup clover files by dragging and dropping as well.

You have to mount the efi partition to change the boot configuration COxxxxxx. You were possibly looking at the EFI backups file on the main partition, which gets loaded as backups by the hidden EFI file during boot.

If you don't have those tools you should look them up, they help a lot. I bought Xcode form the App Store and don't regret it. Clover Configurator is free as is EFI MOUNTER V3, google them, download them if you don't have them already.
Thank you very much for detailed informtions. Yes, i was using Clover Configurator. Just to make sure im using the right EFI partition(hidden) i disconneted all HDD's but Sierra. I have Xcode too. Didnt know about EFI MOUNTER, will download it and give it a try. I hope i can do it right.

Are you sure?? As far as i remember the message i suppose to get was "We're sorry, the number you have provided cannot be found in our records. Please verify the number and try again"

Yes definitely. As as matter of fact you NEED this kind of serial (as it does not conflict with anybody else).

BTW. if you are using Clover Configurator it has an ability to mount your EFI partition.

Yes definitely. As as matter of fact you NEED this kind of serial (as it does not conflict with anybody else).

BTW. if you are using Clover Configurator it has an ability to mount your EFI partition.
I was following these guidelines http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-fix-imessage.110471/ and there is a section about message you suppose to get to make it right.
image.png image.png

I've had my hackintosh running for two months, and iMessage is configured properly.

I just checked my serial number and apparently it already exists. Warranty will expire in June 1 2017. I recall Apple warranty is 1 year, which means this matches up with when I built my hackintosh.

Is it possible it is my hackintosh the servers are seeing and think is a genuine one, or should I switch serial since somebody else is using it?

Guys - It all changed on the Apple s/n verification site, the old message -"We're sorry, the number you have provided cannot be found in our records. Please verify the number and try again" is now changed to -"We're sorry, but this serial number is not valid. Please check your information and try again". Any message that your s/n has passed means there is a genuine Mac model sold by Apple and is already issued with that s/n which will definitely be flagged up on the servers, your Hack and the Mac with the same s/n will have the Security Tokens revoked also Apple ID causing confusion until Apple can verify the genuine Mac, guess which one will be allowed back on the Servers. The - 'Not Valid' is the best route to take to insure you're not running a Cloned machine unless the s/n is from a Mac that is owned by you and registered to your Apple ID. Hope this dispells any confusion.

No. This message means nobody obtains the number you entered and therefore you can use it.

Or that it's not under warranty, and or free support.
Guys - It all changed on the Apple s/n verification site, the old message -"We're sorry, the number you have provided cannot be found in our records. Please verify the number and try again" is now changed to -"We're sorry, but this serial number is not valid. Please check your information and try again". Any message that your s/n has passed means there is a genuine Mac model sold by Apple and is already issued with that s/n which will definitely be flagged up on the servers, your Hack and the Mac with the same s/n will have the Security Tokens revoked also Apple ID causing confusion until Apple can verify the genuine Mac, guess which one will be allowed back on the Servers. The - 'Not Valid' is the best route to take to insure you're not running a Cloned machine unless the s/n is from a Mac that is owned by you and registered to your Apple ID. Hope this dispells any confusion.

Also, when you load Sierra you should uncheck the share info with Apple and developers boxes so your system isn't analyzed before you can mask it. Location services is fine but sharing crash data can get you flagged. No more iTunes for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back