Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
sierra.png
Today Apple released the second Public Beta for this fall's macOS Sierra update. Update any system running Public Beta 1 by running the update in the Mac App Store.

To participate in the free Public Beta, you must enroll in the Apple Beta Software Program using your Apple ID. Please let us know how it works on your system!

Apple Beta Software Program
https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/welcome

Related:
macOS Sierra Public Beta is Now Available
How to Create a macOS Sierra Public Beta Installation USB
NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS Sierra 10.12 Beta
Introducing the macOS Sierra Critter!
Sierra Desktop Support
Sierra Desktop Guides
Sierra Laptop Support
Sierra Laptop Guides
Apple Reveals macOS Sierra at WWDC - Available Fall 2016

Everything works except for audio which worked in Beta 1 (ALC 889) with the usual fix.
Update: I'm in shock audio works with the AppleHDA.kext!!
I found out by accident . Returned machine to stock for the audio before trying the new fixes and sound started right up, after a restart, very odd but great. It does pop loud at startup otherwise works well.

Last edited:
Running well on my X99 machine. Just waiting for that Pascal support so I can officially retire the 660s to one of the X58 towers...

My laptop works with MacOS Sierra, the installation was smooth. The instillation procedure was the same as MacOS Sierra except for getting newer VoodooPS2.kext, updating clover, and adding a patch to my config.plist to make the Wireless card (Dell DW1560) work. Everything except webcam and touchscreen work (I didn't make a USB injector for El Capitan or Sierra and the two can be fixed with that).

BETA 1 crushed my WIFI and Audio. I got Audio working after some post installations. WIFI not.
BETA 2 crushed my Audio (ALC898) again. Can´t get it to work again. If anyone has an idea - thank you a lot.

UPDATE:
Now it works. I installed the original, native AppleHDA again. Ran the script from
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/sierra-desktop-realtek-applehda-audio.197923/
And installed ALC898 from Multibeast. Audio is fine now.

But still no WIFI since BETA 1

Last edited:
Perfect update on my recent EconoMac II computer club build [Gigabyte GA-H81M-HD2, 8 GB Kingston DDR3 1600, 500 GB WD Blue, i3 4340, HD 4600, Corsair Carbide 88R case, homemade WiFi, Corsair CX430M power supply, external USB sound]. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back