Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra PB: Need testers for new AMD Radeon drivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try unplugging the cable and reinserting a few times after black screen. If you can try different ports.

Sadly, I tried this several times using HDMI and DVI ports to no avail.

Any recent news related to VEGA? better support and performance?

I've not got my VEGA 56 yet!

So,High Sierra GM is available.Build 17A362a..Huge traffic at the server at the moment!

Any recent news related to VEGA? better support and performance?

I've not got my VEGA 56 yet!

They still haven't improved openGl Uningine bug with the anti-aliasing. My best compute scores were from beta 4 now they have dropped about 15-20K.

Hi All!
I Have the same problem like:
I spoke too soon! :mad:

My system froze up again. I tried putting WhateverGreen and Lilu in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other, and in /System/Library/Extensions, and sadly it still froze up. So I removed WhateverGreen and Lilu from EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other while keeping them in /System/Library/Extensions and it froze up yet again. Then I removed WhateverGreen and Lilu from my system all together and I re-enabled the IGPU. I was using the IGPU for the Clover boot process, then I would switch to the GPU for macOS. Unfortunately my system froze up again while I was streaming to my TV using Plex.

So I had no choice but to remove all of the AMD kexts from /System/Library/Extensions. Now I am using the IGPU for the Clover boot process as well as macOS.

View attachment 270539

I don't think is IGPU problem or Processor, because I bought X299 platform without integrated GPU
and a new Vega 64, everything is perfect without some freeze sometimes, and
often when I try to use few programs, or for example new Opera, or sometimes even
original apple photo editior/viever.

I tried with 3 beta and GM - High Sierra versions
then with and without lilu + whatever green 1.0.3 and then 1.0.4
I tried to put kext (like always) /EFI/Clover/Kext/Other
and even in /System/Library/Extensions on the same time
but no... it's still freeze...
or before system restarted alone after 2nd or 3rd freeze
today after a lot of tests only 5 or 6 freezes :D

So If you have some new ideas for me, Enderal and others
it will be cool to find solution together :)

Cheers!

PS: It's crazy because all other things which use GPU works great
I mean all benchmarks and FCPX
for example Geekbench OpenCL result: 161.200
LuxMark 20.342

EDIT:// I can confirm: Heaven Benchmark doesn't work...
after 5 sec - " freeze " and PC reboot :/

Last edited:
Hi All!
I Have the same problem like:

I don't think is IGPU problem or Processor, because I bought X299 platform without integrated GPU
and a new Vega 64, everything is perfect without some freeze sometimes, and
often when I try to use few programs, or for example new Opera, or sometimes even
original apple photo editior/viever.

I tried with 3 beta and GM - High Sierra versions
then with and without lilu + whatever green 1.0.3 and then 1.0.4
I tried to put kext (like always) /EFI/Clover/Kext/Other
and even in /System/Library/Extensions on the same time
but no... it's still freeze...
or before system restarted alone after 2nd or 3rd freeze
today after a lot of tests only 5 or 6 freezes :D

So If you have some new ideas for me, Enderal and others
it will be cool to find solution together :)

Cheers!

PS: It's crazy because all other things which use GPU works great
I mean all benchmarks and FCPX
for example Geekbench OpenCL result: 161.200
LuxMark 20.342

High Sierra is new so a lot of apps may take time to adjust to it or rewrite for it. My MacBook has freezes in safari and especially after sleep. Hopefully over time it will work better as bugs are reported and software companies update their programs/apps.

High Sierra is new so a lot of apps may take time to adjust to it or rewrite for it. My MacBook has freezes in safari and especially after sleep. Hopefully over time it will work better as bugs are reported and software companies update their programs/apps.

Yeah, keep a drive loaded with Sierra (10.12) goodies around for a while.

A lot of stuff is not ready for High Sierra yet. For example Epson and Canon have yet to release anything resembling a printer driver for their 'consumer' lines much less their prosumer lines or their 'pro' lines of printers. A whole lot of photo, video and audio programs are not ready. It can take a while. [If you think the Nvidia card users are hoping for drivers soon, wellllllll, .... ]. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back