Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra PB: Need testers for new AMD Radeon drivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi, how about your audio and sleep ?
now mine, have no audio and reboot when sleep a long time?
do you have those question?
if not, can you show your config or something make thoses work good.
Sleep mode:
Depends on which GPU you use? I have AMD SAPPHIRE Tri-X R9 FURY, so after using WhateverGreen and Lilu.kext sleep mode working 100%.
Only with IGP never worked as it should.

My hack with the HD7950 now sleeps properly thanks to the lilu and whatevergreen kext's.

Thanks!

I just removed the entry and I restarted. Now we wait.

01 devices.jpg

Removing the entry in the Add Properties section really hosed my system. I had to add it back and all is good now. I am still testing the freezing though.

Sadly, I still got freezes with the latest Lilu and WhateverGreen.

Hello
Are you really using 100% Fury?
I am also using xfx FuryX ... but unfortunately I can not use graphics acceleration

Can you give me tips?
Yeah, sure!
Since last year (june) when hacking was discovered at Sierra.
Before that only IGP.

At the moment kext modification (AMDRadeonX4100.kext) must done via Clover patch, or inside kext.
It have to be done to use the "Baffin" accelerator.
WhateverGreen.kext is a must, if you wanna get rid of black screen boot issue!

Have you read this topic?
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/radeon-compatibility-guide-ati-amd-graphics-cards.171291/

High Sierra Public Beta 4 is available.
@jerryy2345 , would you be so kind as to direct me to the meat of the conversation about getting my rx480 audio to work. I know it's OTT but you know the score and I've searched but can't get a straight clear thread. I'm using the DP connector.and High Sierra beta4. Thanks for your time and any info, johnm

@jerryy2345 , would you be so kind as to direct me to the meat of the conversation about getting my rx480 audio to work. I know it's OTT but you know the score and I've searched but can't get a straight clear thread. I'm using the DP connector.and High Sierra beta4. Thanks for your time and any info, johnm

Hello JohnM,

The Score huh? Well it is one of The Robert Cray Band's early works, ..., it does give you some of the powerful performances they would later become known for, you can pick up a copy here:
The Score by Robert Cray Band https://www.discogs.com/Robert-Cray-The-Score/release/5035546

As far as getting audio for the RX 480 goes, hopefully it will be like what I am able to get with the RX 460. I am not using any connector information, or plug-ins at this point (I am trying to get some other things debugged and do not want to be confused with what the plug-ins would contribute).

Right now, I have a RX 460, macOS High Sierra Public Beta Four, Clover v 4128 -- just getting ready to update to v 4152, Inject-ATI set to false and nothing else as far as fake ID's etc. Everything graphics/audio is turned 'off' if that makes sense. But I do have the patch to put the controls into the Sound Preferences Pane. You can use Shiloh's tutorial and roll your own version or use Toleda's ready to go version:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/new-automatic-hdmi-audio-script-released.184867/

(Make a backup of your EFI folder after you mount your EFI partition before running the script. Follow all of the prompts that get you to install the AMD audio.)

Note: Remove any Clover AMD audio patches etc. except for this one:

Code:
    <key>Devices</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Audio</key>
        <dict>
            <key>Inject</key>
            <string>1</string>
        </dict>

Please note that any Clover patches for using motherboard not-HDMI audio will not apply, you can probably leave them alone. If you have Clover patches for motherboard HDMI audio, it might be a good idea to remove those.

What is important is the file you will download by choosing the Install Audio For AMD route in the script:
SSDT-HDMI-AMD-PEG0.aml

This one should end up in the EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder.

Restart and then look in the Sound Preferences Pane, you should have the listings for the ACTIVE and Connected DisplayPorts and HDMI ports -- they must be connected to a turned on monitor or a /v receiver before they appear in the pane. Choose one and then try iTunes or something like that and see what you get. You can also direct the system sounds to the DP /HDMI connections.

p.s. I have to take off at various times for various lengths of time, I apologize in advance if I am not able to respond quickly, maybe Gigamaxx will be able to help.

Note: right now, I am not able to get multiple monitors running on my RX 460, but audio is fine on the DisplayPort output as well as the HDMI output.

Last edited:
Hello JohnM,

The Score huh? Well it is one of The Robert Cray Band's early works, ..., it does give you some of the powerful performances they would later become known for, you can pick up a copy here:
The Score by Robert Cray Band https://www.discogs.com/Robert-Cray-The-Score/release/5035546

As far as getting audio for the RX 480 goes, hopefully it will be like what I am able to get with the RX 460. I am not using any connector information, or plug-ins at this point (I am trying to get some other things debugged and do not want to be confused with what the plug-ins would contribute).

Right now, I have a RX 460, macOS High Sierra Public Beta Four, Clover v 4128 -- just getting ready to update to v 4152, Inject-ATI set to false and nothing else as far as fake ID's etc. Everything graphics/audio is turned 'off' if that makes sense. But I do have the patch to put the controls into the Sound Preferences Pane. You can use Shiloh's tutorial and roll your own version or use Toleda's ready to go version:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/new-automatic-hdmi-audio-script-released.184867/

(Make a backup of your EFI folder after you mount your EFI partition before running the script. Follow all of the prompts that get you to install the AMD audio.)

Note: Remove any Clover AMD audio patches etc. except for this one:

Code:
    <key>Devices</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Audio</key>
        <dict>
            <key>Inject</key>
            <string>1</string>
        </dict>

Please note that any Clover patches for using motherboard not-HDMI audio will not apply, you can probably leave them alone. If you have Clover patches for motherboard HDMI audio, it might be a good idea to remove those.

What is important is the file you will download by choosing the Install Audio For AMD route in the script:
SSDT-HDMI-AMD-PEG0.aml

This one should end up in the EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder.

Restart and then look in the Sound Preferences Pane, you should have the listings for the ACTIVE and Connected DisplayPorts and HDMI ports -- they must be connected to a turned on monitor or a /v receiver before they appear in the pane. Choose one and then try iTunes or something like that and see what you get. You can also direct the system sounds to the DP /HDMI connections.

p.s. I have to take off at various times for various lengths of time, I apologize in advance if I am not able to respond quickly, maybe Gigamaxx will be able to help.

Note: right now, I am not able to get multiple monitors running on my RX 460, but audio is fine on the DisplayPort output as well as the HDMI output.

I see you're a connaisseur, Wolfgang's vault got the free classic music android app, and Daytrotter's is gonna be free soon too! I think you've gotten me in the right direction on my audio, and I appreciate it. It's a new day now with all this Apple support! Take care, and Thanks again!

Last edited by a moderator:
I see you're a connaisseur, Wolfgang's vault got the free classic music android app, and Daytrotter's is gonna be free soon too! I think you've gotten me in the right direction on my audio, and I appreciate it. It's a new day now with all this Apple support! Take care, and Thanks again!

I have read posts where Mork is saying that in the 10.13 PB releases, his RX 480 card has full audio when he is using the Orinoco frame buffer. I will not be able to help you much in that regard because going that route may require a patch to use the connectors correctly. I do not have that card to do any patch testing. No doubt, Mork will be of more help to you than I can.

But the big problem may be that using the Whatevergreen kext to get your X99 board to work with the RX 480 card, because the kext author is very adamant about not using any kind of injection or named framebuffer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back