Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra PB: Need testers for new AMD Radeon drivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The comment is not about FCPX crashing but more generic about utilising the power of the iGPU simultaneously with dGPU like the real Mac. And, not specific to SKL or KBL but any iGPU.

Got ya, it does add to the performance in most apps but at times it can be an issue for certain apps.

Agreed! I want to donate to VIT9696!
Lol, I just noticed that everything thats worthwhile the past few months comes from his repository (Lilu, Shiki, Whatever). Huge respect to the dude.

This will give AMD an excuse to postpone the launch another month?
Crypto mining is like the stock market. Whenever it's in the headlines and everyone wants to "buy" in, that's the time to get out. It's usually called a bubble. The bubble always breaks at some point. It will soon if it hasn't already.

Crypto mining is like the stock market. Whenever it's in the headlines and everyone wants to "buy" in, that's the time to get out. It's usually called a bubble. The bubble always breaks at some point. It will soon if it hasn't already.

It's already starting a little, my local parts retailer is seeing the returns start to come back. I dont like what it's done to the pricing though. XFX RX580 going for $369.00, my XFX RX480 was $250. $130 for a 5% performance increase, that's not worth it. I don't know how they can sell vega 56 for $399 just $30 more than a RX 580. It will be interesting to see how high they go.

Indeed!

Here's the stock market version. It's really more about psychology than any particular dynamics...

TheMostFamousBubbleChartAcademics.png

No more freezing!!!

I put WhateverGreen.kext and WhateverGreen.kext.dSYM version 1.0.2, along with Lilu.kext and Lilu.kext.dSYM version 1.1.6 in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other. Then I restarted and disabled my IGPU. Then I left my computer on over night and BOOM SHAKALAKA!!! It was still running when I woke up!!! No more freezing!!!

I am so beyond excited!!! Now I don't have to use the IGPU, nor do I have to upgrade to Vega.

:headbang:

I have just updated my version of whatevergreen and lilu and hopefully I won't wake up tomorrow to a frozen hack.

No more freezing!!!

I put WhateverGreen.kext and WhateverGreen.kext.dSYM version 1.0.2, along with Lilu.kext and Lilu.kext.dSYM version 1.1.6 in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other. Then I restarted and disabled my IGPU. Then I left my computer on over night and BOOM SHAKALAKA!!! It was still running when I woke up!!! No more freezing!!!

I am so beyond excited!!! Now I don't have to use the IGPU, nor do I have to upgrade to Vega.

:headbang:

I spoke too soon! :mad:

My system froze up again. I tried putting WhateverGreen and Lilu in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other, and in /System/Library/Extensions, and sadly it still froze up. So I removed WhateverGreen and Lilu from EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other while keeping them in /System/Library/Extensions and it froze up yet again. Then I removed WhateverGreen and Lilu from my system all together and I re-enabled the IGPU. I was using the IGPU for the Clover boot process, then I would switch to the GPU for macOS. Unfortunately my system froze up again while I was streaming to my TV using Plex.

So I had no choice but to remove all of the AMD kexts from /System/Library/Extensions. Now I am using the IGPU for the Clover boot process as well as macOS.

about.jpg

Hopefully my system won't freeze anymore.

I will keep you guys posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back