Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra PB: Need testers for new AMD Radeon drivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does this new patch with WhateverGreen, support RX 460 - on an XFX 4 GB board?
I know the RX 460 works, but not sure if it works on the XFX models (due to different vbios)?

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150778

I just ran across someone having trouble with RX 460 XFX brand. I have XFX RX 480 it works great but the 460s might be a problem.

Gigabyte RX 460, Sapphire RX 460 are working well. If you can get one of these two you'll be happy guaranteed.

This may be a dumb question, but how are you selecting the framebuffer? WhateverGreen's FAQ says not to use the Clover framebuffer selector, but I don't know how to choose one otherwise. And reading back further I just saw the same thing - lack of multimonitor support in PB3 while it was present in PB2. Apparently external monitors are bugged in iMacs on HS Betas.

Yes, I've read that and it makes sense for bug reporting. If people throw other variable in it would make fixing issues a problem, But, It also says not to edit the kexts and I've done both, ooops and it worked ( I had to for RX 480 support in Sierra 12.5). In general if using Sierra 12.6 or High Sierra you don't need to edit the kexts, or select a frame buffer. For most cards it should work but if you have a card that has one extra port, DVI-D, no Dvi-D, an extra HDMI port etc.. you may need to adjust something like framebuffers, or select one and edit your own.

It looks like the revision is covering more models and issues which should make it more automatic so hopefully nothing will be needed but the kext.

In the Clover folder?

Do I have to enter an IGPU Fake ID even though the IGPU is disabled to the hardware acceleration to work??

I have injected intel and ig-platform-id

iY9bm2r.png

Although you have to check what platform ID belongs to your cpu, this is for 4790K.

and in acpi tab i have this highlighted argument to totally make it work:

TQIRVAV.png

------
I'm not exactly sure where but there should be a big topic here in this forum about activating intel igpu. you should be able to find more info there.

No more freezing!!!

I put WhateverGreen.kext and WhateverGreen.kext.dSYM version 1.0.2, along with Lilu.kext and Lilu.kext.dSYM version 1.1.6 in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other. Then I restarted and disabled my IGPU. Then I left my computer on over night and BOOM SHAKALAKA!!! It was still running when I woke up!!! No more freezing!!!

I am so beyond excited!!! Now I don't have to use the IGPU, nor do I have to upgrade to Vega.

:headbang:

I'm not exactly sure where but there should be a big topic here in this forum about activating intel igpu. you should be able to find more info there.

I agree. MacbookPros with AMD GPU's work together with the iGPU simultaneously. That's particularly important when using FCPX where iGPU adds value for h.264 h/w encoding.
So it would be great to figure out how to get BOTH iGPU and AMD GPU's to tango together.

I agree. MacbookPros with AMD GPU's work together with the iGPU simultaneously. That's particularly important when using FCPX where iGPU adds value for h.264 h/w encoding.
So it would be great to figure out how to get BOTH iGPU and AMD GPU's to tango together.

If FCPX is crashing a simple fix for many has been to disable "partially" the SKL or KBL Framebuffer so it doesn't get acceleration. If you open the info.plist and remove your IGPU ID, for example remove 0x19128086, then the Framebuffer loads but the accelerators don't and FCPX doesn't crash.

More Vega news! Vega 56 CU beats 1070?
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0ahUKEwicz7L9trvVAhUIrVQKHd4-AEIQqOcBCAswAA&url=http://www.tweaktown.com/news/58635/amd-radeon-rx-vega-56-leaked-benchmarks-gtx-1070-killer/index.html&usg=AFQjCNEAVH3ashWRtGPuJ_MYYdCtc8EAOA

A quote from the article.
As you can see, the Radeon RX Vega 56 is quite the potent monster at $399... where it not only trades blows with the GeForce GTX 1070, but slaps it around considerably. It looks like we can expect the RX Vega 56 to be a huge 32% faster than the GTX 1070 in BF1 at 1440p.

Last edited:
If FCPX is crashing a simple fix for many has been to disable "partially" the SKL or KBL Framebuffer so it doesn't get acceleration. If you open the info.plist and remove your IGPU ID, for example remove 0x19128086, then the Framebuffer loads but the accelerators don't and FCPX doesn't crash.
The comment is not about FCPX crashing but more generic about utilising the power of the iGPU simultaneously with dGPU like the real Mac. And, not specific to SKL or KBL but any iGPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back