Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra PB: Need testers for new AMD Radeon drivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
well after long time have got back my rx480 from RMA and currently running 10.12.5 so can you point out best way to enable the card as presently this system was being used on internal graphic with kext patches or will an update to 10.12.6 give me Drivers OOB, presently will be putting RX480 with the 6700k rig
Till. we wait for VEGA.....:think:

Sierra 12.6 has all the native drivers and CU fix already to go, you can use CPU graphics but you may need to reconfigure your IGPU settings and fixes if you are using those in 12.5. I am able to get the RX 460-480 working with Skylake CPU without any major fixes for CPU.

Clover settings:
Inject Intel, fake ID 0x00000000, ig 19120001 it gives me HD 530 1536mb and the RX 480 gets full acceleration and proper CU count. If you have preexisting fixes like lilukext, or other HD 530 Intel fixes then you may need to either remove them or find the latest updated fix for Sierra 12.6. The above settings will work but you need to remove any other fixes or it ma not.

Option 2 is follow the above settings and download the lilukext and WhateverGreenkext in place them in Clover Kexts folders and or System/library/Extensions folder. Make sure to run Kext wizzard to repair permissions and rebuild caches before reboot. Try it and see if the RX has the new AMD Radeon Pro 480/475 label. If it does reboot and go to bios and disable IGFX or internal graphics and use the RX as a dedicated vCard.

High Sierra has audio working for Polaris cards now but it is a beta so there can be bugs. But you can use the same lilukext and green kext to run the same way.

Sierra 12.6
thanks for detail info 12.6 it is the best way to go then just need to be careful about the patches and ensure where to roll back

Sierra 12.6 has all the native drivers and CU fix already to go, you can use CPU graphics but you may need to reconfigure your IGPU settings and fixes if you are using those in 12.5. I am able to get the RX 460-480 working with Skylake CPU without any major fixes for CPU.

Clover settings:
Inject Intel, fake ID 0x00000000, ig 19120001 it gives me HD 530 1536mb and the RX 480 gets full acceleration and proper CU count. If you have preexisting fixes like lilukext, or other HD 530 Intel fixes then you may need to either remove them or find the latest updated fix for Sierra 12.6. The above settings will work but you need to remove any other fixes or it ma not.

Option 2 is follow the above settings and download the lilukext and WhateverGreenkext in place them in Clover Kexts folders and or System/library/Extensions folder. Make sure to run Kext wizzard to repair permissions and rebuild caches before reboot. Try it and see if the RX has the new AMD Radeon Pro 480/475 label. If it does reboot and go to bios and disable IGFX or internal graphics and use the RX as a dedicated vCard.

High Sierra has audio working for Polaris cards now but it is a beta so there can be bugs. But you can use the same lilukext and green kext to run the same way.

Does the CSM (Compatibility Support Module) have to be enabled or disabled?

The only why to configure the CSM is to set the Windows 8/10 Features to Windows 8/10, and I've always set it to Other OS.

Does the CSM (Compatibility Support Module) have to be enabled or disabled?

The only why to configure the CSM is to set the Windows 8/10 Features to Windows 8/10, and I've always set it to Other OS.

My Gigabyte and MSI mobo s just have " other OS" setting and it works. Maybe booting into recovery partition and using terminal to deactivate SIP? "csrutil disable".

But I've loaded 3 systems with it and did t worry about CSM they worked.

Here are my bios settings on the motherboard. Trible boot HS (APFS), osSierra and Win10. Zero problem so far!
If this helps someone

Attachments

• IMG_4421.PNG
    IMG_4421.PNG
    2.1 MB · Views: 199
  • IMG_4422.PNG
    IMG_4422.PNG
    2.1 MB · Views: 161
  • IMG_4424.PNG
    IMG_4424.PNG
    2.1 MB · Views: 159
Last edited:

Clover settings:

I put the Lilu kext and the WhateverGreen kext in the Other Clover Kexts folder but I didn't run the kext wizard. I will try putting them back and running the kext wizard when I get back home. If I still get freezing issues then I will move the kexts to the System/Library/Extensions folder and run the kext wizard.

Do you put the kexts in the System/Library/Extensions or Library/Extensions? All of my other kexts (such as my audio and Ethernet) are in /Library/Extensions.

So far I had no glitch no freeze. FinalCut works perfectly as well. For hardware acceleration I have intel igpu using fake id sorta working as well.

Did you check GUI setting in CLOVER?

View attachment 269388

Hi Gigamaxx,

Just wondering if the Lilu and Whatever kexts work in High Sierra on your RX480 build allowing you to boot with just that card. Also, any key changes you needed to make when moving to HS?

Thanks.

So far I had no glitch no freeze. FinalCut works perfectly as well. For hardware acceleration I have intel igpu using fake id sorta working as well.

I disabled my IGPU completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back