Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra PB: Need testers for new AMD Radeon drivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new release 1.0.1 WhateverGreen
  • Added more GPU models to automatic detection
  • Disabled DVI transmitter changes by default (use -raddvi boot-arg)
  • Added IOAccelDeviceGetName correction
  • Added libWhateverName.dylib with an app for GPU GL/Compute/Metal engine name correction
https://github.com/vit9696/WhateverGreen/releases

Can't get lilu and WhateverGreen to work for my Radeon Pro WX7100. Kexts are placed in /EFI/CLOVER/Kexts/Other/

CSM is off, graphics set to PCIE on my Asus Maximus V Gene, but it only boots 1 of my 2 monitors as "Display 7mb"... doesn't seem to be loading any kexts.

Running High Sierra PB4

The new release 1.0.1 WhateverGreen
  • Added more GPU models to automatic detection
  • Disabled DVI transmitter changes by default (use -raddvi boot-arg)
  • Added IOAccelDeviceGetName correction
  • Added libWhateverName.dylib with an app for GPU GL/Compute/Metal engine name correction
https://github.com/vit9696/WhateverGreen/releases
nice, works on RX480 with HS (had to disable iGPU though, gave me kernel panic, HD2500 ivybridge - which is unsupported by Mac)

Thanks Andre...

I download the latest AppleALC and put it in my kext/other folder along with the Lilu and whateverGreen. Then I rebuilt the permissions. Same result though. Rebooted and Sierra 10.12.6 still doesn't recognize my R9 390X...

I don't know...maybe I am doing something wrong. Its at the point now that I will probably just end up putting my 2gb card back in until another solution comes around for my AMD....

Anyway, if you have any other suggestions let me know. I even tried putting the kexts into my S/L/E folders and that caused an endless loop during reboot. I would really like to get this card working though...

Ugh! So frustrated....

Thanks again!

J

Did the card work before? Does it need an edit for the ID 0x0000000?

Thanks Andre...

I download the latest AppleALC and put it in my kext/other folder along with the Lilu and whateverGreen. Then I rebuilt the permissions. Same result though. Rebooted and Sierra 10.12.6 still doesn't recognize my R9 390X...

I don't know...maybe I am doing something wrong. Its at the point now that I will probably just end up putting my 2gb card back in until another solution comes around for my AMD....

Anyway, if you have any other suggestions let me know. I even tried putting the kexts into my S/L/E folders and that caused an endless loop during reboot. I would really like to get this card working though...

Ugh! So frustrated....

Thanks again!

J

Upload your /EFI/CLOVER/ folder please. Wanna check everything.
The question of Gigamaxx is very important. "Did the card work before"?
Tell us what is your motherboard brand and model too.

md
Didn't work for my RX580, Sierra 10.12.6, SMBios MacPro6,1. Login screen fails to load.

Having said that, I edited the relevant AMD kexts. With the default pair that Sierra chooses (AMD9510 & AMD4100), my RX580 only reaches 3000 points on Luxmark.
I removed the 0x67DF1002 IDs in these both kexts, so MacOS chooses the pair AMD9520 & AMD4200 instead (which also have the 0x67DF1002 ID by default). With that I get around 11000 on Luxmark - still not perfect, but ok.

I also have to inject Guariba framebuffer in order for my 5K monitor to work.

But well, I don't mind the helper GPU at all. I'll wait for High Sierra to test this again.
I know 5K is important but it says on, I believe the Lilu.kext instructions, NO modifications to the stock s/l/e amd.kexts or clover added amd.kexts and NO injecting framebuffers, that it is somehow important for macos functionality that the system choose kext and framebuffer. I would check that out.

I was at contact wit WhateverGreen and Lilu developer, and high sierra native support for AMD cards (without iGPU helper) is coming to Clover in the near future! Of course it depends In what direction amd support will be set in the final realese at the HS? etc..

Looks like HS is using AMD9300Controller.kext at my Fury, and loading AMDRadeonX4200.kext but theres no acceleration, although I have made kext patch! So, the drivers is loading but don't actually do anything to get work!

Well, time will tell whats happening?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-07-30 at 22.41.05.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-30 at 22.41.05.png
    101.4 KB · Views: 175
Are there framebuffers for AMD new Vega cards available already? Release is today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back