Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra PB: Need testers for new AMD Radeon drivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks jmacie...I appreciate it...

I must have done something wrong though. I assume I put both kexts into the S/L/E folder and then just repair the permissions. I did that and now the system just reboots without getting back into the OS....
Any suggestions?
Sorry..I came from 30 years of being a MS Windows guy...so this is all still new to me.
Thanks again!
J

Can we get a little insight into how this works, and whether it might extend to other AMD cards? I've been sitting on 10.11 on my hack because it's X58 (not iGPU), and the R9 290 that I have working over DP apparently only gives blackscreens in 10.12 (and presumably 10.13b).

If there's an indication that this fix might work for X58 + R9 290... I might have time to try to test it out on a secondary SSD install I keep in the computer for testing.

Hey folks, finally some coders did it! We have FULL working AMD RX card without the need of any helper card (iGPU included):

there is a new version of LILU kext (v1.1.6) availlable and a new PlugIn for it: WhateverGreen (v1.0)
With them you will be able to disable iGPU completely and CSM disabled in BIOS and you will still get this after verbose booting:

system_profiler.png

and within HIGHSIERRA you will also get full 8-channel AUDIO-via-HDMI:
soundcontrol.png

under HIGH SIERRA you will have to use "-radbeta" as bootargument. HDMI-AUDIO only with ORINOCO Framebuffer.

Just awesome!
macOS Sierra 10.12.6 fully working Amd Fury!
Put WhateverGreen.kext and Lilu.kext to EFI/Clover/Kext/Other folder, and you ready to GO!
Boot arguments -liludbg -raddbg -radbeta
Bios settings at my Asus B150I Pro: Advanced/Primary Dispaly= Auto and iGPU Multi-Monitor=Disable

Attachments

• IMG_4379.JPG
    IMG_4379.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 310
  • IMG_4378.JPG
    IMG_4378.JPG
    121.1 KB · Views: 348
I also tested sleep mode and fully working so far....:thumbup:
Awesome, I've got a Fury Nano and have been stuck on 10.12.3 for the longest time. Can you test and make sure that all CU's are enabled (via LuxMark?) and that Metal is working properly (I've heard its not on High Sierra).
Also, if all 56 CU's are recognized, did you have to mess with any of the AMD kexts like on 10.12.3?

Thanks in advance if you have the time to check :)

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...ished/&usg=AFQjCNGAbTOQ4-yGeLCP_FjFoD9P4CmWJA

Some good news for Vega cards, now we find out the blind test was with a 1080ti and not a 1080. It is neck and neck with the 1080ti if not beating it slightly in this blind test done by independent test group. One person preferred the Nvidia system out of ten users, three preferred the Vega, six could tell no difference between the two.

RX Vega coming soon!

Should we still enable full computing units manually after update and
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=5&ved=0ahUKEwjo14CdnazVAhUL1WMKHUH1AqwQqUMIHjAE&url=http://hexus.net/tech/news/graphics/108412-amd-rx-vega-vs-nvidia-gtx-1080-ti-blind-test-video-published/&usg=AFQjCNGAbTOQ4-yGeLCP_FjFoD9P4CmWJA

Some good news for Vega cards, now we find out the blind test was with a 1080ti and not a 1080. It is neck and neck with the 1080ti if not beating it slightly in this blind test done by independent test group. One person preferred the Nvidia system out of ten users, three preferred the Vega, six could tell no difference between the two.

RX Vega coming soon!

I hope it wouldn't be too expensive!

Should we still enable full computing units manually after update and

I hope it wouldn't be too expensive!

Sierra 12.6 already has the 36 CU fix in drivers, no need. There are a few threads that will not be needed anymore though they served a great purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back