Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra PB: Need testers for new AMD Radeon drivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
macOS Sierra 10.12.5 Public Beta V5 (16F71b) is available.

The Apple AMD 9510 Controller and 4100 kext have been updated to 1.51.8.
The frame buffer is Berbice and the relevant info is: <string>0x67E01002 0x67FF1002 0x67EF1002</string>.

Audio via DP/HDMI -> broken.

macOS Sierra 10.12.5 Public Beta V5 (16F71b) is available.
and no POLARIS20 here, but:
Screen Shot 2017-05-01 at 23.57.20.png

Well, based on this picture, the rx 540 based on polaris 12 is pretty much confirmed https://www.amd.com/en/products/graphics/radeon-rx-540

At the moment, AMD's server is not responding, it is probably slashdotted by all of the tech bloggers trying to catch up on the new release. :)

But some of them have gotten the information and say that this is a new mobile gpu that is supposed to be decent for notebook computers (by decent, they say better than the built in igpu).

Thanks for the information.

We might get driver support, but actual liquid cooled cards in a machine support might be a stretch ... Way back when during the PowerMac G5 times, Apple released a liquid cooled G5. These were the early days of liquid cooling, the technology was not mature, and there were a lot of leaks ruining the equipment. Apple swore off of that approach and has never used it since then.

We might get driver support, but actual liquid cooled cards in a machine support might be a stretch ... Way back when during the PowerMac G5 times, Apple released a liquid cooled G5. These were the early days of liquid cooling, the technology was not mature, and there were a lot of leaks ruining the equipment. Apple swore off of that approach and has never used it since then.

The mother board should be handling the Extra pump/fan connection, the real question would be the dual card support.

@mork, I connected my RX 460 using DVI-D adapter to HDMI and my RX 480 HDMI to the same monitor, an AOC 24". I used -v for boot argument and got this at boot. This is HDMI 1 which is the DVD adapter to HDMI from. the Gigabyte RX 460.

IMG_3228.JPG

Then I switched the monitor to HDMI 2 and got this from the RX 480. Whitescreen? I've been waiting for the sleep to kick in and then hit the keyboard to see what happens.

IMG_3227.JPG

ENote: This is on an X99 type system (R7 1700) running Sierra 12.4 using chameleon 2667 bootloader. I repeated the booting process and only the HDMI conection gets the white screen, the 3 Displayports all lead to black screen. The RX 460 HDMI and DisplayPort connections also have black screen. I will now try with my pentium setup in peg mode.

Same old black screen, but I got this message from the DVI-D connection.

IMG_3232.JPG

Last edited:
The mother board should be handling the Extra pump/fan connection, the real question would be the dual card support.

As the saying goes ... Well stranger things have have happened, I am sure the gamers would like Crossfire to come to macOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back