Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra PB: Need testers for new AMD Radeon drivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just look what i found in the latest AppleGMUXDriver.kext:
Screen_Shot_2017-04-19_at_19.12.24.png

It may be possible, that soon we will have a new AMDRadeonX4150.kext for AMD RX Accelleration. You may make your own thoughts about it.

Regards...
Mork vom Ork

PS:AppleMUXControll will be only used by Apples Laptopseries to use IntelGFX as boot GFX and switch to dedicated GFX after reaching the desktop. I did some tests over easter to make it work with Hackintosh... but failed. No luck to make it work, even
with DSDT-edits. GMUX will be seen by IORegistryExplorer, but kext never gets loaded:
Screen_Shot_2017-04-19_at_19.19.54.png

Nice find, another kext to be added. X4150, I wonder if the 9510, will get a brother as well. It will be interesting to see if the Vega/fury cards get split off due to HBM memory scheme and added to a new kext set. I noticed before that the memory schemes in 9500 controller for the graphics were listed as ddr3, ddr4, gddr5 and HBM but not HBM2.

Hello guys, I can safely say that RX 580 are working under 10.12.4.. I just got it today, and was a straight swap, nothing else to be done.. I'd like to say that I only use clover patches and I don't have the 9510 patch for renaming

I'd also like to add pictures of the Luxmark benchmark result, which are crap :(

View media item 188816

macOS Sierra 10.12.5 Public Beta v4 (16F67a) is available.

The 9510 controller and 4100 kext are at version 1.51.8 .
The info is <string>0x67E01002 0x67FF1002 0x67EF1002</string>

Commenting on the audio is well, ..., still just shrieking about walloping that proverbial perished equine.

macOS Sierra 10.12.5 Public Beta v4 (16F67a) is available.

The 9510 controller and 4100 kext are at version 1.51.8 .
The info is <string>0x67E01002 0x67FF1002 0x67EF1002</string>

Commenting on the audio is well, ..., still just shrieking about walloping that proverbial perished equine.
Regarding audio! I have managed to achieve audio through hdmi with a ssdt for the pci detection + audio, but the audio I hear is, besides low quality, slowed down...

Anything I hear is slowed down.. Is so weird.. I don't know if you guys have the same issue or is just terrible quality..

Regarding audio! I have managed to achieve audio through hdmi with a ssdt for the pci detection + audio, but the audio I hear is, besides low quality, slowed down...

Anything I hear is slowed down.. Is so weird.. I don't know if you guys have the same issue or is just terrible quality..

That is pretty much where we are. There are various ways to get the sound controls to show up in the Sound Preferences pane, but getting the audio correct is like chasing leprechauns riding unicorns.

Various folks have said that the problem is the way Apple has written the AMD 95nn Controller(s) and the 4100 kext. (They) are not properly interlacing the audio signal in with the video signal to send it out to the attached equipment.

You mention the audio you are hearing via your HDMI connection is slowed down. Is your connection to a monitor or to an av receiver? Also, how many devices are connected to your card and turned on at the same time?

Wish we'd have the same situation on .4 like with the golden master .3. As far as i red there still some problems left.
But i already have an application that needs .4 and won't run on .3, so i'm really looking forward for a fully functional .4

You can probably skip .4 and go straight into .5, so far things are looking like it is slightly more stable. June is a lot closer now, so make sure you have a full copy of 10.12.latest tucked away somewhere safe. After Apple changes to 10.13, it may be difficult to find the earlier 10.12 to restore back to.

I have the same since 12.4 beta using Toledas hdmi injection method. I'm looking into chameleon bootloader it has an option to select the audio drivers of your choice. Whether they work or not will be determined after configuring a chameleon bootloader.

That is pretty much where we are. There are various ways to get the sound controls to show up in the Sound Preferences pane, but getting the audio correct is like chasing leprechauns riding unicorns.

Various folks have said that the problem is the way Apple has written the AMD 95nn Controller(s) and the 4100 kext. (They) are not properly interlacing the audio signal in with the video signal to send it out to the attached equipment.

You mention the audio you are hearing via your HDMI connection is slowed down. Is your connection to a monitor or to an av receiver? Also, how many devices are connected to your card and turned on at the same time?
I'm connected only to a HDMI monitor.. No other devices connected, also haven't tested how many outputs work at once. The Mork_Vom patch for FB don't work for me either with the RX480

I have the same since 12.4 beta using Toledas hdmi injection method. I'm looking into chameleon bootloader it has an option to select the audio drivers of your choice. Whether they work or not will be determined after configuring a chameleon bootloader.
You reckon the driver could be used under clover if it works somehow??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back