Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra PB: Need testers for new AMD Radeon drivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Gigamaxx @jerryy2345 I updated via Appstore today to 10.12.4 but before do that I make using my iGPU so I have less problem after when I go to activate again the RX 480 but after the update was downloaded, the pc reboot as always, install, but when finished just get a black screen, no mouse cursor, just the black screen, why I could get that? I unplugged the RX and just leave working just igpu and them plug the XFX RX 480 again.

@Gigamaxx @jerryy2345 I updated via Appstore today to 10.12.4 but before do that I make using my iGPU so I have less problem after when I go to activate again the RX 480 but after the update was downloaded, the pc reboot as always, install, but when finished just get a black screen, no mouse cursor, just the black screen, why I could get that? I unplugged the RX and just leave working just igpu and them plug the XFX RX 480 again.

You need to specify the frame buffer Baladi in clover.

You need to specify the frame buffer Baladi in clover.
This is my clover setting. Right now I'm booting on my backup drive with 10.12.2
Screen Shot 2017-03-31 at 11.18.07.png
Screen Shot 2017-03-31 at 11.18.14.png
Screen Shot 2017-03-31 at 11.18.24.png
Screen Shot 2017-03-31 at 11.19.46.png

I have installed Clover v2.3k r3923 but I dont know if that is the problem

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-03-31 at 11.18.07.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-31 at 11.18.07.png
    162.6 KB · Views: 127
My problems with only one display at time with RX460/10.12.4 are DSDT related. Especially HECI->IMEI rename seams causing the problem. Mork's/Jerry's Berbice patch is working now. Thanks!

I am glad to hear things are working better. How many monitors are you able to use at once?

This is my clover setting. Right now I'm booting on my backup drive with 10.12.2

I have installed Clover v2.3k r3923 but I dont know if that is the problem

I am not sure how much help I will be able to provide beyond making suggestions, because I am using a RX 460 rather than a RX 480, but it sounds like rhys216 has you started on one track. Baladi is one of the frame buffers still available. One quick thought; you may need to update your Clover version to an even newer version, see this thread:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...d-for-kext-injection-in-macos-10-12-4.218062/

If these do not work, Mork has a Berbice frame buffer patch listed some few pages back that may help. I also have read of Gigamaxx doing quite a bit using Inject-ATI = false along with some other Clover patches.

@jerryy2345: I've connected DVI and DP simultaneously (DVI and HDMI alternatively). Both combinations (DP/HDMI is physically the same monitor) work well with the Berbice patch. This was not the case with my previous DSDT.aml. The reason was HECI to IMEI rename in it (recommended for Skylake and unproblematic till 10.12.3).

Ok, got some interesting news here:

Got the following config here:
• ASUS Maximus Extreme VIII Motherboard
• Sapphire RX480 Nitro 8GB in PCIe Slot#1
• Sapphire RX460 Nitro 4GB in AKiTiO Node Thunderbolt3 encloser connected to Gigabyte Alpine Ridge TB3 card in PCIe slot#3
• SIERRA 10.12.5 beta 1 (rev. 16F43c)
• CLOVER latest Rev. 4047
• CSM disabled in BIOS
• set PEG as primary GFX (thats the RX480 in PCIe slot#1)
• patched only AMD9500Controller.kext to recognize Device-ID 0x67DF1002
• NOT patched AMDRadeonX4100.kext with Device-ID 0x67DF1002
• patched some of the AMD-related kext with the following entry: IOPCITunnelCompatible = true
• NOT patched AMDRadeonX4100 to get 36 CUs for the RX460

booted the system via CLOVER right into desktop. Now take a look at System Information entries for both cards:

RX480 first:
Systeminformation_480.jpg

as you can see: NO Metal support. Now lets see the RX460:
Systeminformation_RX460.jpg

Yes, it is true: this card HAS Metal support !
Ok, so now see the entries for both cards from IORegExplorer - again RX480 (in slot#1) first:
IOREG_PCI_1.jpg

NO accelleration for this card, cause we don't have any AMDRadeonX4100 entries. Let's go for the RX460 (via TB3 NODE):
IOREG_PCI_3_TB3.jpg

Again: full support as you can see, we HAVE entries for AMDRadeonX4100.

And: i could run any benchmarktool like HEAVEN or LuxMark with full speed on all 4 connected monitors !

But there is one thing to mention: if i patch AMDRadeonX4100.kext to recognize 0x67DF1002 (RX480 device id),
i got stuck on boot just before comming to the desktop with same effect, as running one of the RX cards w/o any helper card.
Sorry guys... but i will try hard to found out, what causes the problem.

And evan that there are no AMDRadeonX4100 entries for the RX480 card, i still believe it runs as if there where, because that kext is fully loaded and activated for the RX460 <--- but i wouldn't bet my hands for it.

PS: forget to mention that i get BERBICE for the RX480, but AMDRadeonFramebuffer for the RX460 - but this is ok, cause both cards use different Connector patches - which could be made possible by CLOVERs "Arbitrary"-function, which i will try later this weekend.

PPS: full 8-channel HDMI audio output support on the RX480 (cause of correct patched DSDT and CSM disabled in BIOS):
8-channel_HDMI-audio.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, got some interesting news here:

PPS: full 8-channel HDMI audio output support on the RX480 (cause of correct patched DSDT and CSM disabled in BIOS):

Any good results on getting the HDMI audio for your RX 460 working?

I am not sure how much help I will be able to provide beyond making suggestions, because I am using a RX 460 rather than a RX 480, but it sounds like rhys216 has you started on one track. Baladi is one of the frame buffers still available. One quick thought; you may need to update your Clover version to an even newer version, see this thread:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...d-for-kext-injection-in-macos-10-12-4.218062/

If these do not work, Mork has a Berbice frame buffer patch listed some few pages back that may help. I also have read of Gigamaxx doing quite a bit using Inject-ATI = false along with some other Clover patches.

Thank you I installed the latest Clover and now boot fine, I will try to test the RX 480 on this and let know here in the thread what happen with my XFX RX 480

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back