Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra PB: Need testers for new AMD Radeon drivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
macOS 10.12.5 Public Beta 1 (16F43c) is available.

The AMD 4100 kext is version 1.51.3 with this:
<key>IOPCIMatch</key>
<string>0x67E01002 0x67FF1002 0x67EF1002</string>

The 9510 Controller (1.51.3) only has the Berbice frame buffer in it with this:
<key>IOPCIMatch</key>
<string>0x67EF1002</string>

I can get DP with Inject-ATI=false (10.12.4) but I am using lower resolution monitors. It is going to take more work to get this resolved, I wonder if we will have to keep Mork from pulling his hair out to fix this??? :).

RE: @Sitherick

Do you have a default resolution set in your Clover config.plist file?

Do you have a default resolution set in your Clover config.plist file?
You mean GUI|ScreenResolution? This is only for Clover boot-screen (which runs on separate monitor connected to HD530) and is set to 1920x1080px...

You mean GUI|ScreenResolution? This is only for Clover boot-screen (which runs on separate monitor connected to HD530) and is set to 1920x1080px...

The reason I asked, is I am wondering if when you are using Intel-ATI = false, in 10.12.4, perhaps Clover is defaulting everything to the base configuration without reading the EDID from your DP connected monitor, as I understand it, SkyLake series support is still a bit incomplete.

Today my AKiTiO Node eGPU encloser just arrived, so now i am able to test my Sapphire RX460 Nitro within my late 2013 MacBookPro - and so we may find a way to make the RX-series GFXcards working under Hackintosh:
akitio-node-angle-thumb.png

Got it connected via USB-C-to-Thunderbolt2 adaptor to the MacBookPro:
Radeon_RX460.jpg

Thunderbolt_Akitio.jpg

One thing i already noticed is: if i modify the AMD9510Controller.kext info.plist from "PP_DisablePowerContainment=0" into "PP_DisablePowerContainment=1" then after a restart the card didn't get activated. If i switch this setting back and restart again, the card will be detected and working flawlessly. Will keep ya informed when having more time to make more tests.

EDIT#1: Luxmark test with only the Sapphire RX460 (36 CUs patch enabled):

luxmark_rx460_36_CUs.jpg

Last edited:
Today my AKiTiO Node eGPU encloser just arrived, so now i am able to test my Sapphire RX460 Nitro within my late 2013 MacBookPro - and so we may find a way to make the RX-series GFXcards working under Hackintosh:
akitio-node-angle-thumb.png

Got it connected via USB-C-to-Thunderbolt2 adaptor to the MacBookPro:
Radeon_RX460.jpg

Thunderbolt_Akitio.jpg

One thing i already noticed is: if i modify the AMD9510Controller.kext info.plist from "PP_DisablePowerContainment=0" into "PP_DisablePowerContainment=1" then after a restart the card didn't get activated. If i switch this setting back and restart again, the card will be detected and working flawlessly. Will keep ya informed when having more time to make more tests.

EDIT#1: Luxmark test with only the Sapphire RX460 (36 CUs patch enabled):

luxmark_rx460_36_CUs.jpg

Very nice, Mork! I've been thinking of getting a Mac Pro 5.1 for testing as well, hopefully Vega shows up soon and we can work on those cards. Are you using the RX 480 patch, you have the 36 CUs on the 460?

Something else to also check, is did the upgrade set your Displays Preference to 'Mirror Displays'? Turning this on causes a lot of performance issues.

Are you sure? When I dont set mine to 1080p my icons are huge.

so, I have RX480 metal supported using HDMI port. Awesome! I'm on 10.12.4 with latest clover. However, I have to unplug HDMI from RX480, boot to clover loader screen using HD530, then I can plug in RX480 again and proceed to boot. If I leave both HD530 and RX480 (two separate monitors) plugged in I will boot to non-responsive black screen every time. I think error is iogfxscreenlock...
Also, nothing makes my HD530 work. It shows up as HD7000 7MB. I've tried 3 days of every combination I can think of. The big problem is my bios is terrible and has no option to set DVMT prealloc. So, I'm using minStolenSize patch, but that doesn't work either. Any thoughts? It's a desktop, HP Envy 750-415.

My problems with only one display at time with RX460/10.12.4 are DSDT related. Especially HECI->IMEI rename seams causing the problem. Mork's/Jerry's Berbice patch is working now. Thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back