Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra PB: Need testers for new AMD Radeon drivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all - I just got a Nitro Saphire 480 as well, and popped it into my tonymac circa 2011 hackintosh - replacing the Radeon 5870; I've got the gigabyte ga-p55a-ud3 which doesn't have onboard graphics (and can't choose the IGFX that I see in other setups). What's weird is even upon boot the gigabyte logo is scrambled?

Did you already check if somebody already runs your MLB but with a different GPU/PCB on Sierra?
And do you already tweaked your BIOS and try some different setting out?
Yes, thanks, there are some asusx99 with nvidias that are working. I did try many different bios settings. I'm not giving up, I have had a lot of advice, Thanks all!, from here. I have been doing hackintosh for a bunch of years, and that's what gets me. I have hackintoshed 5 pc's over the years, but this new gpu rx480 is the culprit. I can get acceleration with my old radeons 5750 and hd4650 with this MB, it's just when I try to add the rx480 that all I get is dead black when it partially boots. Believe me I've tried so so many combinations, but I read here every day and hope that the helper card problem will go away. Thanks for your comments

Last edited:
I think I remember other users posting that they couldn't get the MSI 480's acceleration to work. However they 470's etc did work.

That was @Gigamaxx in the beginning of his this OP thread. He had gotten a msi480 and returned it because he couldn't get it working. A lot of water has gone under the bridge since then, and with Mork and jerryy2345 dissecting the ioreg and framebuffer paths, maybe it is only a path issue. I've only ever used ati/Radeon cards, and over the hackintosh years all different brands have worked, just plug in the id into the kext. I hate to ebay this card, it is so quiet

macOS Sierra Public Beta V6 (16E189a) is available for download. The AMD 9510 Controller and 4100 kext are both at version 1.50.37 with build date March 11, 2017. This is the same version number as was V5, though the build date is new.

Audio is as you can guess.

Edit: Mork's 9510 / Berbice frame buffer edits for the Gigabyte RX 460 are working well after the update.

The 4100 kext has the following: <string>0x67E01002 0x67FF1002 0x67EF1002</string>

That was @Gigamaxx in the beginning of his this OP thread. He had gotten a msi480 and returned it because he couldn't get it working. A lot of water has gone under the bridge since then, and with Mork and jerryy2345 dissecting the ioreg and framebuffer paths, maybe it is only a path issue. I've only ever used ati/Radeon cards, and over the hackintosh years all different brands have worked, just plug in the id into the kext. I hate to ebay this card, it is so quiet

Do you have a helper card for the RX and if so what is it? Slot one a helper card and slot two for the RX usually works, even on CPUs with integrated graphics. I updated the "enabling AMD RX 4XX cards in Sierra" thread maybe you can look at it and try again using a helper card.

yes, I tried with a hd5750 slot 1 that had qe/cl, added rx480, booted, added 67DF1002 into 9500 and 4100 (tried 12.4 betas too with 9510.kext), ran kext util to set permissions, would not boot. Took out ids and put into clover 10.12 kext folder, would not boot. Changed around cards physically and no difference. Tried the same with hd4650 that had qe/cl alone, added rx480 would not boot, with kexts in clover/ and tried with ids in s/l/e, no boot. tried spoofing 67df for ff in clover configurator, did not work. I've read and read and have no clue. I figure about the time I sell this card on ebay a solution will be found.

Last edited:
Did you look at the 9510contollerkext? Still 0x67EF1002 alone, or did they add anything?

I just updated to version 5 a few days ago, is 6 already here?

Code:
<string>AMD9510Controller</string>
       <key>IOPCIMatch</key>
        <string>0x67EF1002</string>

Well the (US) college basketball tournament season is getting started, I suppose they wanted to get things out of the way so they could concentrate on that, uhhhh, test out how streaming works in the Safari browser. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back