Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra PB: Need testers for new AMD Radeon drivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had that issue in the past but now I'm getting better results. I am in Beta 12.4 version 2, and using the latest clover 4003. I have EMUVariable and OSXAptiofixDriver2 installed in Drivers64UEFI in cliner folder.
Boot Arg. Darkwake=0 in combination with EMUvariable has worked in the past but now with the beta 12.4 and setting XMP in bios and clover XMP detection along with HWPenable and ARTfrequency options in clover as well it has been awesome. My only issue now is open GL Uningine Valley runs about 30 fps instead of 40 fps after a long sleep. I open and close it a few times and it goes back to normal. Something else that helps is to Force Quit any open apps and relaunch finder after a long wake.

HWPEnable and ART frequency are new clover options for Skylake systems, however if you have created a ssdt for power management it may cause bugs. XMP Detection is for Ram and has seemed to help wake from sleep recovery for me.

Heres my plist minus the serial and uuid numbers. This is for a i5 6500 Skylake build with RX 480.
Sleep.plist
I now have installed EMUVariable and OSXAptiofixDriver2, but still having the blank application screen issue and some apps unresponsive after sleep. Would XMP detection help with this? Also, how do I enable HWPenable and ARTfrequency?

I now have installed EMUVariable and OSXAptiofixDriver2, but still having the blank application screen issue and some apps unresponsive after sleep. Would XMP detection help with this? Also, how do I enable HWPenable and ARTfrequency?
Nevermind I see the settings. I will try with those settings as well.

Warning!!! For All You Weekend Upgraders:

The new Clover release (v 4012) has the same problem as the v 4003 release. When using macOS 10.12.3 with the config. option inject ATI = true, the DP connector is turned off, but you still get the HDMI connector on. (Gigabyte RX 460 4GB)

I am guessing the someone at Clover is doing some mapping on the connectors and did not test enough combinations. Using inject ATI = false is okay as far as getting all of the connectors back, but you lose the pretty formatting for your card, as well as any other benefits that you would gain by using the injected ATI properties. I will not be able to test macOS 10.12.4 PB until later.

p.s. I do not have an account at Clover, so I am not in a position to pass along that information over there.

Update: Setting inject ATI = true in the macOS Sierra 10.12.4 PB 2, with the new Clover v 4012 has no effect, it is the same as setting inject ATI = false. Back when v 4003 came out and I reported similar results, Gigamaxx surmised the Clover developers were targeting AMD 9500 controller. It seems they still are, but I suppose sooner or later they are going to notice their changes do not work yet in the upcoming 10.12.4.

When enabling Inject/Ati you'll have to be aware that you also have to provide a framebuffer personality (FBName in Clover) which matches the physical connector layout of your GPU. Otherwise one or more ports will stay black in OS X, or show other issues.

Hi,

Can somebody help me please? I have got green lines instead of few buttons and my MSI AMD RX 470 4gb not working after modification info.plist in AMD9500Controller.kext and AMDRadeonX4000.kext. I have no idea how to solve this problem. You can see it in the PICTURE

My PC:
OS: macOS 10.12.3 Sierra (Shaneee kernel) + Windows 10 64Bit
CPU: AMD FX-8300 3.3GHz OC to 4,2GHz RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB DDR3 (1866Mhz)
MB: Asus M5A78l-M lx3 GPU: MSI AMD RX 470 4GB
HDD: 1TB + 500GB PWS: Cooler Master 600W

Hi,

Can somebody help me please? I have got green lines instead of few buttons and my MSI AMD RX 470 4gb not working after modification info.plist in AMD9500Controller.kext and AMDRadeonX4000.kext. I have no idea how to solve this problem. You can see it in the PICTURE

My PC:
OS: macOS 10.12.3 Sierra (Shaneee kernel) + Windows 10 64Bit
CPU: AMD FX-8300 3.3GHz OC to 4,2GHz RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB DDR3 (1866Mhz)
MB: Asus M5A78l-M lx3 GPU: MSI AMD RX 470 4GB
HDD: 1TB + 500GB PWS: Cooler Master 600W

If you modified the 4000kext that could be your problem. In Sierra 12.3 you need to modify the AMD4100kext info.plist. Go back and change the 4000kext and then fix or modify the 4100kext and make sure to use Kext tool to fix permissions before reboot. What did you do in the 9500controllerkext? The only modification there is the R9 XXX to RX 480 name change.

When enabling Inject/Ati you'll have to be aware that you also have to provide a framebuffer personality (FBName in Clover) which matches the physical connector layout of your GPU. Otherwise one or more ports will stay black in OS X, or show other issues.

Is there a list of these somewhere that is easy to find? These seem to be a moving target, especially considering that the new 9510 controller kext wiped out support for most of the previous ones?

Is there a list of these somewhere that is easy to find? These seem to be a moving target, especially considering that the new 9510 controller kext wiped out support for most of the previous ones?

9510 only has berbice, and the new clover for me anyways default loads Baladi. Are you using Berbice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back