Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra PB: Need testers for new AMD Radeon drivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else experience browsers crashing after sleep?

After my computer comes out of sleep my browsers bug out and become non-responsive, and won't return to normal until I restart my computer.

Same here with Flash on Safari and Google Chrome the whole browser. Also, WhatsApp

Same here with Flash on Safari and Google Chrome the whole browser. Also, WhatsApp

I haven't found a fix for this. I now just have my computer set to turn the display off but not sleep.

I have had that issue in the past but now I'm getting better results. I am in Beta 12.4 version 2, and using the latest clover 4003. I have EMUVariable and OSXAptiofixDriver2 installed in Drivers64UEFI in cliner folder.
Boot Arg. Darkwake=0 in combination with EMUvariable has worked in the past but now with the beta 12.4 and setting XMP in bios and clover XMP detection along with HWPenable and ARTfrequency options in clover as well it has been awesome. My only issue now is open GL Uningine Valley runs about 30 fps instead of 40 fps after a long sleep. I open and close it a few times and it goes back to normal. Something else that helps is to Force Quit any open apps and relaunch finder after a long wake.

HWPEnable and ART frequency are new clover options for Skylake systems, however if you have created a ssdt for power management it may cause bugs. XMP Detection is for Ram and has seemed to help wake from sleep recovery for me.

Heres my plist minus the serial and uuid numbers. This is for a i5 6500 Skylake build with RX 480.
Sleep.plist

Attachments

• Sleep.plist
    4.5 KB · Views: 253
I have had that issue in the past but now I'm getting better results. I am in Beta 12.4 version 2, and using the latest clover 4003. I have EMUVariable and OSXAptiofixDriver2 installed in Drivers64UEFI in cliner folder.
Boot Arg. Darkwake=0 in combination with EMUvariable has worked in the past but now with the beta 12.4 and setting XMP in bios and clover XMP detection along with HWPenable and ARTfrequency options in clover as well it has been awesome. My only issue now is open GL Uningine Valley runs about 30 fps instead of 40 fps after a long sleep. I open and close it a few times and it goes back to normal. Something else that helps is to Force Quit any open apps and relaunch finder after a long wake.

HWPEnable and ART frequency are new clover options for Skylake systems, however if you have created a ssdt for power management it may cause bugs. XMP Detection is for Ram and has seemed to help wake from sleep recovery for me.

Heres my plist minus the serial and uuid numbers. This is for a i5 6500 Skylake build with RX 480.
Sleep.plist
I remember trying to Install EmuVariable and OSXAptiofixDriver2 and getting a kernel panic, and my system didn't boot so I had to boot with my flash and revert the settings. Any reason as to why this might have happened?

I remember trying to Install EmuVariable and OSXAptiofixDriver2 and getting a kernel panic, and my system didn't boot so I had to boot with my flash and revert the settings. Any reason as to why this might have happened?

If you already had OSXAptiofix(1) and installed (2) version that could be it. You can't have both in the folder it's one or the other. It could also be if you version one in your EFI backup folder and the 2 version on boot EFI partition. Skylake and Haswell Systems may prefer one or the other. My Haswell pentium g3258 has been flawless for sleep and it has the 1 version, so it may be dependent on the generation of hardware on your setup. EMUVariable shouldn't have an effect on the crash or at least I've never had any issue with it with either Haswell or Skylake builds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back