Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra PB: Need testers for new AMD Radeon drivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing changed in 10.12.4 beta 2, the only kext that were updated is: AppleBacklightExpert.kext System.kext IOPCIFamily.kext IONDRVSupport.kext IOGraphicsFamily.kext AudioAUUC.kext

Nothing changed in 10.12.4 beta 2, the only kext that were updated is: AppleBacklightExpert.kext System.kext IOPCIFamily.kext IONDRVSupport.kext IOGraphicsFamily.kext AudioAUUC.kext

Audio? Maybe some news on sound for the RX? Wishful thinking I know.

I just want let you know that if you have problems like the system restarts when you select "shutdown" to power off or it firstly powers off and then powers on again just after a few seconds in infinite loops, i managed to get rid of this by doing so:

- disabling ErP in BIOS
- disabling USB DAC Power

This disables the system consume least power in S5 (shutdown) state. When you stop here you already have fixed the mentioned problem (Gigabyte MLB). In this state you could still power on your system with keyboard, a mouse movement or click when connected to USB DAC ports. To get rid of this just diable USB DAC Power in BIOS. You'll loose this ports. However you should have enough USB 3 and 3.1 using without DAC Power.

I tested lots of shutdowns via menu + fast shutdowns via control+alt+apple+eject it works as expected. ;)

Have you tested sleep?

Are you talking about 3360x1890 HiDPI (which would create an enormous internal resolution of 6720x3780 = 25 MP!)? Or did you actually reduce the resolution to 3360x1890?

In the first case I wouldn't be surprised about lower scores, pushing 25MP surely creates some reasonable load for the GPU, even when drawing the UI.

No, not that I'm aware of. I just scaled the display in the Display Preferences and it shows 3360 x 1890 as the resolution when you mouse over it.

macOS Sierra 10.12.4 Public Beta 2 is available.

edit: The 9510 Controller and 4100 kext are version 1.50.30 the build dates are both on Feb 04, 2017.

signature line: the audio is horrifically bad.

Last edited:
10.12.4 public beta 2, have a good news about rx480?

Last edited:
macOS Sierra 10.12.4 Public Beta 2 is available.

edit: The 9510 Controller and 4100 kext are version 1.50.30 the build dates are both on Feb 04, 2017.

signature line: the audio is horrifically bad.

What you saw, any changes in those kext?

cc: @Gigamaxx

What you saw, any changes in those kext?

cc: @Gigamaxx

I will not be able to have a good look into it until much later. Usually Gigamaxx or someone else is able to look under the hood before I have a chance to get the machine up on the jackstands.

The 9510controller kext is still readable, the 4100kext is still coded so no Vega 10, Polaris references. I need to do a side by side print out of the 12.3 build and the 12.4 to decipher which ZNxxx is which card name.

I'll be testing tonight in about 4hrs or so as soon as I get home and get it loaded.

I did notice some Polaris 10 in the 9510 controllerkext but no Vega 10 or Fiji.

The 9510controller kext is still readable, the 4100kext is still coded so no Vega 10, Polaris references. I need to do a side by side print out of the 12.3 build and the 12.4 to decipher which ZNxxx is which card name.

I'll be testing tonight in about 4hrs or so as soon as I get home and get it loaded.

I did notice some Polaris 10 in the 9510 controllerkext but no Vega 10 or Fiji.

That printout should not take too much time ...
10.12.3 4100 kext ---> 9.8 MB
10.12.4 PB2 4100 kext ---> 9 MB

10.12.3 9500 Controller kext --> 9.8 MB
10.12.4 PB2 9510 Controller kext --> 3 MB

p.s. There is a new version of Clover out as well v. 4003, it does not appear to be labeling the RX cards. Maybe they stripped that option back out entirely. I hope this not mean they are not going to be as active in trying to get the booting issue fixed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back