Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra PB: Need testers for new AMD Radeon drivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, I for the of me, can't find the AMD9510 kext, isn't there, I have the Beta Updates activated and is just showing the normal 9500 that has a lot of artifacts with the RX480. Anybody has any ideas as to why I have that kext on a clean installation?

go to about this Mac and where it says macOS Sierra just below it is the version number, is it 12.3? Or is it 12.4?

Sierra is playing games with me wow, I doesn't update, is stuck at 10.12, already downloaded the public version on the AppStore and the Beta, it says Is full updated but is the 10.12 version (the one with artifacts on safari and other apps for the RX). Just really annoying XD.

Thanks mate.

go to about this Mac and where it says macOS Sierra just below it is the version number, is it 12.3? Or is it 12.4?

Sierra is playing games with me wow, I doesn't update, is stuck at 10.12, already downloaded the public version on the AppStore and the Beta, it says Is full updated but is the 10.12 version (the one with artifacts on safari and other apps for the RX). Just really annoying XD.

Thanks mate.

Did you sign into App Store, or iTunes? I've been stuck before and had tp sign back into the beta program.

Did you sign into App Store, or iTunes? I've been stuck before and had tp sign back into the beta program.

Yes multiple times with multiple clean installations, i got it working now after installing de 10.12.2 combo update and then updating to 10.12.4.1 with full acceleration on the RX

With the latest clover 3998 inject ATI with 0x67ef & Baladi works fine with 10.12.4 beta.
I previously had issues with earlier clover builds.

Vega: Memory ram in HBM
C3xqCqtWMAEOhF_.jpg

Did anyone resolve the RX 480 issue with the latest version of FCPX 10.3.2 or is it still crashing? I'm in the middle of purchasing parts for a FCPX workstation only Hackintosh and am lost on how to approach the graphics compatibility situation? I haven't been able to find a follow up on that. Render times aren't all that important to me, just smooth editing but its a bit confusing trying to wade through this.

Did anyone resolve the RX 480 issue with the latest version of FCPX 10.3.2 or is it still crashing? I'm in the middle of purchasing parts for a FCPX workstation only Hackintosh and am lost on how to approach the graphics compatibility situation? I haven't been able to find a follow up on that. Render times aren't all that important to me, just smooth editing but its a bit confusing trying to wade through this.

The latest fix is to remove parts of the Intel SKL Graphics kext. Basically it will disable or degrade performance of your integrated or cpu graphics but when using a RX 480 the CPU IGFX is only needed for the boot screen. It will probably lower performance for open GL apps and gaming but for open CL apps it should be fine. This fix has been reported to work for more than one user and its important if you are using FCPx for a living.

Good morning,
I have an RX480 and I am trying to make it at work with the eGPU but despite the applied changes, the kext continues to be ignored.
The model is the latest ASUS,

here's what I have after patching:

sh-3.2# ./automate-eGPU_v7.sh

sh: ./automate-eGPU_v7.sh: No such file or directory

sh-3.2# cd /Volumes/Repository/-\ MAC_from18.12.2016/-\ eGPU\ v7\ -\ 20.01.2017

*** automate-eGPU.sh v1.0.0 ***

* (c) 2016, 2017 by Goalque & FricoRico *

Detected eGPU

Ellesmere [Radeon RX 470/480]

Current OS X

10.12.4 16E144f

Previous OS X

[not found]

Latest installed Nvidia web driver

[not found]

Checking IOPCITunnelCompatible keys...

IOPCITunnelCompatible mods done.

Rebuilding caches...

All ready. Please restart the Mac.

sh-3.2#

and I get from a query of the System Properties...

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x4

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x67df

Revision ID: 0x00c7

Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

Where is the wrong? I am with the latest beta version of Sierra, not the stable one.

Thanks,

Good morning,
I have an RX480 and I am trying to make it at work with the eGPU but despite the applied changes, the kext continues to be ignored.
The model is the latest ASUS,

here's what I have after patching:

sh: ./automate-eGPU_v7.sh: No such file or directory

sh-3.2# cd /Volumes/Repository/-\ MAC_from18.12.2016/-\ eGPU\ v7\ -\ 20.01.2017

*** automate-eGPU.sh v1.0.0 ***

* (c) 2016, 2017 by Goalque & FricoRico *

Detected eGPU

Ellesmere [Radeon RX 470/480]

Current OS X

10.12.4 16E144f

Previous OS X

[not found]

Latest installed Nvidia web driver

[not found]

Checking IOPCITunnelCompatible keys...

IOPCITunnelCompatible mods done.

Rebuilding caches...

All ready. Please restart the Mac.

sh-3.2#

and I get from a query of the System Properties...

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x4

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x67df

Revision ID: 0x00c7

Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

Where is the wrong? I am with the latest beta version of Sierra, not the stable one.

Thanks,

This is an external gpu setup correct?

What did you do to the kexts? If you add 0x67DF1002 to the amd4100kext you don't need to use fake ATI ID in clover. You need to have integrated graphics set for RX to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back