Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra PB: Need testers for new AMD Radeon drivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got Sapphire RX 480 8g OC using nvidia 8400gs instead of iGPU all works fine the only problem I noticed with FCPX 10.3.1 is it would crush on start if I use HDMI & DP to connect my 2 monitors. If I use DVI & DP then FCPX works but would crush if I try use Optical Flow in slow motion. Can't figure out is it because of GPU or something else. Also with DVI & DP getting 32bit color, with HDMI & DP getting 30bit.

All works now. Figured FCPX 10.3.1 was crushing because of Nvidia GPU I use instead of iGPU since i'm on x79 and don't have iGPU. All I had to do is remove GeForceTesla.kext from S/L/E. No more crushing and I can use HDMI & DP for my two monitors with 30bit color. Looks like removing GeForceTesla.kext completely disables Nvidia GPU in OS X since I can see it in LuxMark test.

I have two low end old Radeons that will each boot to qe/cl in sierra. A hd4600 and hd5750. 4600 in slot1 and native, rx480 in pcislot2, w/2 separate monitors. I can't get sierra or clover to handoff to rx480. I put fake id 0x67EF1002 in clover w/inject ati and find replace 67EF1002 w/67DF1002 in kext to patch AMDRadeonX4100. I unplugged hd4600 after boot, no go. Don't have a clue how to proceed. Thanks for the help!

If you are using the fake ID 67ef but you have removed that option from the 4100kext by replacing it with 67Df you may need to remove the fake id or change it to 67df1002. When I change the 4100kext I don't use the fake id its not necessary. Try that and report back.

If you are using the fake ID 67ef but you have removed that option from the 4100kext by replacing it with 67Df you may need to remove the fake id or change it to 67df1002. When I change the 4100kext I don't use the fake id its not necessary. Try that and report back.
Tried slot 3, no go, cleaned out fakeid etc from clover, nothing. I tried just adding 67df to x4100 kext, no go. about this mac, system report said slot3 was 8 lane. I tried putting rx480 back in slot2 and it said it was 1 lane. I figured system report wasn't reliable. I have a nvme as my #1 drive (plugged into the main board, not a slot, but pcie anyway),but I use it for win 10. I have a ssd for sierra. My cpu (6800k) is 28 lane and I don't have any idea if these are the reasons I can't make rx480 work. I guess I'll have to hope they add the acceleration to x4100 kext down the road. Am I supposed to unplug the slot1 video card at a specific point in the boot process? The only way I complete the boot process with both video cards installed is if the rx480 isn't connected to my second monitor. It is a mess, for sure. Thanks again for the info

Last edited:
Tried slot 3, no go, cleaned out fakeid etc from clover, nothing. I tried just adding 67df to x4100 kext, no go. about this mac, system report said slot3 was 8 lane. I tried putting rx480 back in slot2 and it said it was 1 lane. I figured system report wasn't reliable. I have a nvme as my #1 drive (plugged into the main board, not a slot, but pcie anyway),but I use it for win 10. I have a ssd for sierra. My cpu (6800k) is 28 lane and I don't have any idea if these are the reasons I can't make rx480 work. I guess I'll have to hope they add the acceleration to x4100 kext down the road. Am I supposed to unplug the slot1 video card at a specific point in the boot process? The only way I complete the boot process with both video cards installed is if the rx480 isn't connected to my second monitor. It is a mess, for sure. Thanks again for the info

Have you poked around in your bios to see if you can adjust or assign the pcie slots? The middle slot might be the 1 slot if it's configured that way. Have you tried moving the drive sound to different slots or removing it to find a solution?

MSI RX480 Gaming X 4GB successfully boot unto FB: Ellesmere, FakeID: 67DF1002 under Sierra 10.12.3 beta 4, but still without hardware acceleration and metal support. I tried the method editing info.plist in radeon4100.kext, but I get a kernel panic. Also I tried to edit radeon4100.kext whit iHex, I successfully boot unto FB: Ellesmere, but I get kernel panic into FB: Dayman or Baffin. Also I tried with different FakeID, FB names, InjectATI(True and False), InjectEDID(True and False), Load VBios(True and False), generally different combinations and the result is either a black screen or kernel panic.

Sorry for my English, but my native language is Bulgarian.

MSI RX480 Gaming X 4GB successfully boot unto FB: Ellesmere, FakeID: 67DF1002 under Sierra 10.12.3 beta 4, but still without hardware acceleration and metal support. I tried the method editing info.plist in radeon4100.kext, but I get a kernel panic. Also I tried to edit radeon4100.kext whit iHex, I successfully boot unto FB: Ellesmere, but I get kernel panic into FB: Dayman or Baffin. Also I tried with different FakeID, FB names, InjectATI(True and False), InjectEDID(True and False), Load VBios(True and False), generally different combinations and the result is either a black screen or kernel panic.

You need to set motherboard graphics to IGPU/IGFX as primary display output. "Integrated graphics" is the only way to get them to work. Also, set your igpu minimum ram to 64mb. It's probably in your bios settings.

This is the same card I am having trouble with. I hope you'll keep reporting your progress. I've tried many things and failed too.Please let us know, thank you

In Bios try to enable CSM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back