Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra PB: Need testers for new AMD Radeon drivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know have 36 CUs on my RX 460! Thank you jerryy2345 for the push in the right direction!

So I tried to plug in 67DF into x4100 kext and I couldn't boot. I tried to skim a little here and saw someone got acceleration by changing smbios? I might be able to return this rx480 card and get something else, but right now I have no idea which one to get. I won't by an nvidia, so any advice on a functional radeon would be appreciated.

Did you use the 67EO1002 definition to 67DF1002? This is no longer working you need to use 67FF or 67EF to make the change. Go back and replace the EO and then change one of the other definitions and make sure to move the info.plist to desktop before making changes. Replace it after changes and then run kext tool to get repair permissions.

And things seem to be exactly the same, at least with LuxMark, Heaven and Cinemark. Heaven lists the HD530 first and only says CPU chip, I'm wondering if it's only pulling the CPU.

I'm going to try with Unigine Valley with the mods on and off.

*edit* it would help if I remembered the "you need to reboot a couple of times" part of the instructions...

And I unchecked "Inject Intel" on a whim and I lose my audio but gain an increase in LuxMark performance (6k to 8k) as it starts using the iGPU as well. Heaven and Valley still list the iGPU chip first though performance seems to have improved in them as well. I just get the funny feeling it's only using the iGPU

Last edited:
I blame Mork.

:)

Thank you Mork!

Also uninjecting Intel caused my ghost monitor to go away. Now to load up Steam and play some games as the real test.

And things seem to be exactly the same, at least with LuxMark, Heaven and Cinemark. Heaven lists the HD530 first and only says CPU chip, I'm wondering if it's only pulling the CPU.

I'm going to try with Unigine Valley with the mods on and off.

*edit* it would help if I remembered the "you need to reboot a couple of times" part of the instructions...

And I unchecked "Inject Intel" on a whim and I lose my audio but gain an increase in LuxMark performance (6k to 8k) as it starts using the iGPU as well. Heaven and Valley still list the iGPU chip first though performance seems to have improved in them as well. I just get the funny feeling it's only using the iGPU

As i recall, the Luxmark test got a slight increase, Heaven stayed the same, while the Valley test got a nice enough increase. I do not use the 9500 controller boost patch because it actually decreased all of my scores. I have inject intel set to false.

There is still some small oddity in what you are listing, you should be able to turn off the IGPU for almost everything except as the booting helper card. BTW, you can use the Clover HDA script by Toleda to get motherboard audio (including optical audio) working -- you do lose HDMI multi-channel capabilities, but optical audio is okay for basic stuff.

As i recall, the Luxmark test got a slight increase, Heaven stayed the same, while the Valley test got a nice enough increase. I do not use the 9500 controller boost patch because it actually decreased all of my scores. I have inject intel set to false.

There is still some small oddity in what you are listing, you should be able to turn off the IGPU for almost everything except as the booting helper card. BTW, you can use the Clover HDA script by Toleda to get motherboard audio (including optical audio) working -- you do lose HDMI multi-channel capabilities, but optical audio is okay for basic stuff.

Yeah it's a little odd. I have iGPU set as primary for POST in the BIOS and my iGPU chooser (whatever it's called) is set to AUTO.

Maybe when I get a second monitor then things will stop being odd with it. Audio is fixed though USB 3.0 is still acting a little wacky but I know that's a long hard road to get working correctly

Yeah it's a little odd. I have iGPU set as primary for POST in the BIOS and my iGPU chooser (whatever it's called) is set to AUTO.

Maybe when I get a second monitor then things will stop being odd with it. Audio is fixed though USB 3.0 is still acting a little wacky but I know that's a long hard road to get working correctly

Did you set IGPU/IGFX ram allocation for 64mb?

Did you set IGPU/IGFX ram allocation for 64mb?

I do now. I also have a DVT Total Gfx Mem option with 128M, 256M or MAX, I'm not 100% sure what to pick

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back