Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra PB: Need testers for new AMD Radeon drivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how to get 470 to work, but the only thing you could do with 4100 kext is add your device id to it (mine 67DF1002) and change it with yours, but really i don't know if 4100 kext work with 470 cards.
My device id is the same by the way. So there is three device id's in IOPCIMatch section, just edit one of them to 67DF? Is there any more thing to do like fixing permissions?

I don't know how to get 470 to work, but the only thing you could do with 4100 kext is add your device id to it (mine 67DF1002) and change it with yours, but really i don't know if 4100 kext work with 470 cards.

Absolutely works if the card is compatible? Search "Enabling RX 4XX cards in Sierra" here on this forum to get the 4100kext solution. It takes me less than a few minutes to apply the fix and reboot, after updates but it is the quickest way to get your card working.

Thank you for your answer. I do know what bios and igpu primary setting is, I just wanted to know that is it mandatory to get it work? Gigamaxx haven't mentioned it for example.

Yup, mandatory so far. The Clover folks like so many others are working on how to be able to use the new cards as the main screen during boot-up, but for now, it is not an option.

I think if you go back far enough, you will find that Gigamaxx and others have mentioned needing to do so but lately the problems have been more towards isolated problems than for overall start from scratch problems. IIRC, not all of the ID numbers are okay to swap for your ID, scroll back some pages, to see what the latest information is.

But here is one overall idea:

Make sure the hardware (BIOS) is set up, for now IGPU or IGD or ... IS needed.
Depending on the card you need to set up Clover differently, with still some possible kext editing. Fix permissions, update caches as needed.

It sounds like juanjullian is volunteering :) maybe the moderators can assist in that direction.

Last edited:
Yup, mandatory so far. The Clover folks like so many others are working on how to be able to use the new cards as the main screen during boot-up, but for now, it is not an option.

I think if you go back far enough, you will find that Gigamaxx and others have mentioned needing to do so but lately the problems have been more towards isolated problems than for overall start from scratch problems. IIRC, not all of the ID numbers are okay to swap for your ID, scroll back some pages, to see what the latest information is.

But here is one overall idea:

Make sure the hardware (BIOS) is set up, for now IGPU or IGD or ... IS needed.
Depending on the card you need to set up Clover differently, with still some possible kext editing. Fix permissions, update caches as needed.

It sounds like juanjullian is volunteering :) maybe the moderators can assist in that direction.
I modified the first device id like in the video in X4100 kext.
But nothing, it boots without blackscreen with igp disabled. No hardware acceleration. Should I set fakeID too?

Last edited:
I modified the first device id like in the video in X4100 kext.
But nothing, it boots without blackscreen with igp disabled. No hardware acceleration. Should I set fakeID too?

Okay, it sounds like you can access your machine again. Good!

But from here I will be of little help to you because I do not have your card, mine is different. One of the others with a similar setup hopefully will be able to guide you. But to help them they will most likely need to know what version of Clover you are running, how your config.plist is setup --- your serial numbers are not needed but the SMBIOS definitions as well as the various types of patches will be needed. Also, any kind of DDST or SSDT edits you have for video/audio patching -- one of these can turn the IGD card on when it should be turned off in the Clover settings, but not completely disabled in the BIOS settings. Also which version of the RX 470 card are you using? Asus, Gigabyte, MSI, or ???

Okay, it sounds like you can access your machine again. Good!

But from here I will be of little help to you because I do not have your card, mine is different. One of the others with a similar setup hopefully will be able to guide you. But to help them they will most likely need to know what version of Clover you are running, how your config.plist is setup --- your serial numbers are not needed but the SMBIOS definitions as well as the various types of patches will be needed. Also, any kind of DDST or SSDT edits you have for video/audio patching -- one of these can turn the IGD card on when it should be turned off in the Clover settings, but not completely disabled in the BIOS settings. Also which version of the RX 470 card are you using? Asus, Gigabyte, MSI, or ???
I can access my machine anytime, in the worst scenario with my Unibeast key. Where can I find config.plist? I know boot.plist is on the EFI paritition in clover folder. I don't know what ddst and ssdt is, I just installed multibeast (I assume the multibeast-made things have been mostly overwritten when I deleted Clover and installed the latest Clover)
In an earlier post, I have written my Clover build.
I have XFX 470 4GB BE.
One more thing: In my last post I mentioned that these modifications doesn't make any sense, my OS boots like if they weren't in boot.plist. The only thing that made any sense (and just after installing latest clover) is FakeID with InjectATI. As I have already mentioned, with that, the displays went off during boot and didn't came back.
Update:
Ok i have realized the plist file in clover folder is the config.plist. I attached it.
Update 2:
I can't set igp multi monitor when igp is enabled.
Also i installed only alc892 from multibeast (NOT anything else, only that) and now I have the same error like when I used Fakeid: during boot the gpu fans spin up for a moment and both screen goes off. Why did the alc installation affect anything else?

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.3 KB · Views: 233
Last edited:
I can access my machine anytime, in the worst scenario with my Unibeast key. Where can I find config.plist? I know boot.plist is on the EFI paritition in clover folder. I don't know what ddst and ssdt is, I just installed multibeast (I assume the multibeast-made things have been mostly overwritten when I deleted Clover and installed the latest Clover)
In an earlier post, I have written my Clover build.
I have XFX 470 4GB BE.
One more thing: In my last post I mentioned that these modifications doesn't make any sense, my OS boots like if they weren't in boot.plist. The only thing that made any sense (and just after installing latest clover) is FakeID with InjectATI. As I have already mentioned, with that, the displays went off during boot and didn't came back.
Update:
Ok i have realized the plist file in clover folder is the config.plist. I attached it.
Update 2:
I can't set igp multi monitor when igp is enabled.
Also i installed only alc892 from multibeast (NOT anything else, only that) and now I have the same error like when I used Fakeid: during boot the gpu fans spin up for a moment and both screen goes off. Why did the alc installation affect anything else?
Success.
Hardware acceleration is working with igp enabled. But only recognizes 16cu of 32. Despite Mork's patches are in config.plist. Luxmark score 10803
Also I can't make my ALC892 audio working. I installed multibeast selecting only alc892 but it doesn't made anything.
When multibeast was installed first, it was working.
Update:
Audio is working.

Last edited:
the patch is for 16to36 cu not sure will work for rx470

the patch is for 16to36 cu not sure will work for rx470
But which is that? It is the config.plist modification what Mork pasted? It is in my config.plist, but luxmark shows 16 cu.
config.plist attached.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.4 KB · Views: 236
But which is that? It is the config.plist modification what Mork pasted? It is in my config.plist, but luxmark shows 16 cu.
config.plist attached.
4 my system too...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back