Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra PB: Need testers for new AMD Radeon drivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course, I just don't need rx480 in windows but it works well if plugged in. Actually I installed both drivers. The reason I keep rx480 in pci-e x4 is that the 1080 could run at 16x. Peg first is set in bios and I never change it. The dp port is free to plug, due to only one monitor.

Unfortunately my plan to put a 460 in my case did not work out due to half tower case and room between pcie slot 4 and my PS. Tried the other pcie slots and of coarse it caused conflict with my 1070 in pcie 16x slot so i'm back to my igpu.

So here we have the patches for use within CLOVERs config.plist:

First this one to get the two kext load into cache for CLOVER to apply patches (so you can leave original Kexts untouched):

<key>ForceKextsToLoad</key>
<array>
<string>\System\Library\Extensions\AMDRadeonX4100.kext</string>
<string>\System\Library\Extensions\AMD9500Controller.kext</string>
</array>

After this the four real KEXT-patches (paste into "KextsToPatch" section):

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Change_#_of_RX4x0_CUs-(C)_by_okrasit_2016</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>SLgCAAAAAQAAAEiJQ1THQ3wIAAAA</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AMDRadeonX4100</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>SLgEAAAAAQAAAEiJQ1THQ3wSAAAA</data>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Remove_CU_limit_of_RX4x0-(C)_by_okrasit_2016</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>D0LIiYuAAAAARIizmQAAAESIcyA=</data>
<key>Name</key>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>kJCQiYuAAAAARIizmQAAAESIcyA=</data>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Change_init_from_BAFFIN_to_ELLESMERE-(C)_by_Fl0r!an_2016</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>6EmF/v++SAEAAEyJ9w==</data>
<key>Name</key>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>6EbkAAC+SAEAAEyJ9w==</data>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>PP_DisablePowerContainment=1</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
<true/>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AMD9500Controller</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>PGtleT5QUF9EaXNhYmxlUG93ZXJDb250YWlubWVudDwva2V5PjxpbnRlZ2VyPjA8L2ludGVnZXI+</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>PGtleT5QUF9EaXNhYmxlUG93ZXJDb250YWlubWVudDwva2V5PjxpbnRlZ2VyPjE8L2ludGVnZXI+</data>
</dict>

Note: apply this one (Change_init_from_BAFFIN_to_ELLESMERE-(C)_by_Fl0r!an_2016) only, if you have RX470 or RX480, cause these card use ELLESMERE instead of BUFFIN. If you have RX460, this patch is NOT needed.

After you apply the patch for the first time, you may have to restart twice, cause info.plist patches could only be applied after the kext is in kernels cache. info.plist patches CAN'T be applied "on the fly". For more details consult CLOVER WIKI here.

After inserting the above code into your config.plist, it should look something like this:
Bildschirmfoto_2016_12_17_um_03_34_01.png

Item 7 "Disabled = YES" cause i use Sapphire RX460 Nitro <--- which is BAFFIN not ELLESMERE - so i don't need this patch, you may switch this part to "NO" if you have RX470/RX480 gpu

Hi
Thank you for your great work!
But please, could you make a step by step guide for this? From when I have my Hackintosh installed, and Multibeast installed. I'm on 10.12.2. I have RX 470. I copied the parts to the config.plist but nothing happened after double reboot. What program do you use for editing plists?

There is no need for a "step-y-step guide". All you have to do is, when your system is completely setup and running, take your "config.plist" file and paste the above lines into the appropriate places. Just look for the entry

Code:
<array>

and paste the next two lines right after it.
Than search for the following part:

Code:
<key>KextsToPatch</key>
<array>

and paste the rest right after this.
Save your "config.plist" and restart your system.

Thats all.

There is no need for a "step-y-step guide". All you have to do is, when your system is completely setup and running, take your "config.plist" file and paste the above lines into the appropriate places. Just look for the entry

Code:
<array>

and paste the next two lines right after it.
Than search for the following part:

Code:
<key>KextsToPatch</key>
<array>

and paste the rest right after this.
Save your "config.plist" and restart your system.

Thats all.
I don't have the line ForceKextsToLoad so I pasted the full 5 lines after KextsToPatch's opening array tag.
I rebooted now once with no caches and once without, no result. I have 1080p resolution since the OS installed and multi monitor support, but the plist edit has no effect. I attach my original plist, would you be so kind to edit it for me? Thanks :)
Edit: I also attached my edited plist, I just renamed it for the uploading, it has the right filename in its original place.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.1 KB · Views: 284
  • config edited.plist
    7.5 KB · Views: 336
your edited config.plist is ok. everything was in the right place, so it should work ;-)

I don't have the line ForceKextsToLoad so I pasted the full 5 lines after KextsToPatch's opening array tag.
I rebooted now once with no caches and once without, no result. I have 1080p resolution since the OS installed and multi monitor support, but the plist edit has no effect. I attach my original plist, would you be so kind to edit it for me? Thanks :)
Edit: I also attached my edited plist, I just renamed it for the uploading, it has the right filename in its original place.
In About Mac it says Graphics is: R9 xxx 4096MB. But the animations are still weird and 3D contents like Maps are not working.
Again: I have RX470

In About Mac it says Graphics is: R9 xxx 4096MB. But the animations are still weird and 3D contents like Maps are not working.
Again: I have RX470
I have OsxAptIOFix2Drv-64 installed, it is equivalent to GraphicsEnabler=No and IGPEnabler=Yes. Can this be the cause?

I have OsxAptIOFix2Drv-64 installed, it is equivalent to GraphicsEnabler=No and IGPEnabler=Yes. Can this be the cause?
Without AptIO, the system stucks at the lines filled with plus symbols.
How can I open the EFI partition? My OS doesn't boot now after I deleted OsxAptIOFix2. On Windows I have HFS driver but I only see the system partition not the EFI.

In my case don't work. I pasted the patches in the config.plist file and I made again using the clover configurator.
The only thing I have to try is reinstall the kext to the original, because I have the modified x4100.

If not work I have to go to other method like kext modified.

Last edited:
Without AptIO, the system stucks at the lines filled with plus symbols.
How can I open the EFI partition? My OS doesn't boot now after I deleted OsxAptIOFix2. On Windows I have HFS driver but I only see the system partition not the EFI.
Ok this not booting problem is solved, i figured out that i can boot with my unibeast usb key.
But the graphics acceleration still isn't working
Do I have to spoof the device id first? I have found the Radeon Compatibility guide but the guide there is not detailed enough.
It says:
In Clover, you have to set:
- FakeID / ATI = full ID (here: 0x68101002)
- Inject / ATI = true
- FBName = framebuffer name (here:Futomaki [enter some random garbage in case you don’t want to use a framebuffer, the driver will default to RadeonFramebuffer])
- FixDisplay = true

But where?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back