Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra PB: Need testers for new AMD Radeon drivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent. Thank you @Gigamaxx and @sparco1987 for your advice. I'm excited to try those changes when I get back home. Hopeful that one of those settings fixes my issues.

YES! YES!
I have Gigabyte G1 RX480 4GB.
Keep AMDRadeonX4100 untouched. And set:
  • In clover: Graphics - Inject intel = No
  • In clover: Graphics - Inject Ati = Yes
  • In clover: Devices - Ati Fake ID = 0x67EF1002
It's work much better than kext modifying. I have about 30fps in Unigine Valley at 4K. Before, when I was use "kext modofying method" got 2fts at 4K. I think with the FakeID method macOS use ATI instead of CPU.

Sorry for foreign language image.
Képernyőfotó 2016-12-08 - 21.32.26.png

The HD 530 injection might be the problem, SKL CRB is workable without injections it is the same thing. We just went through this with the HD 4600 AML injection issue and RX 480 support. My AMD R7 265 can be recognized as a R9 270X but it requires injections and fixes. If I let it detect natively without any injection its an AMD 7XXX card without any fuss. Performance is the same, its just a name (cosmetic) but they use the same drivers.
View attachment 224153 It has metal support 30 bit color. Yes it has flickering in the top left like 530 without the fix, but I only look at clover screen for this connection, the top left is irrelevant to me because my screen is connected to RX during use. If it will run a Valley Extreme HD bench its not all that bad.

Edit Kext without any problem, u may set fake ID with

Keep AMDRadeonX4100 untouched , set in Clover config Devices > FakeID > 0x67EF1002. On next MacOs update u don't need edit ATI kext.

BTW, full acceleration worked with ATI and Intel flags ON.... , FCPX worked only with ATI = On

Hey @Gigamaxx I tried boot and just keep the load bar when is in the middle , even trying the untouched the kext just adding the fakeid but If I don't inject the FakeID and of course don't touch the kext macOS Sierra boot and If I change the cable to the gnu detect the gpu with a horrible acceleration. Unplug the cable from the gpu and plug again in the mobo and get the acceleration again and everything without problem
Screen Shot 2016-12-08 at 4.37.51 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-12-08 at 4.35.10 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-12-08 at 4.35.13 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-12-08 at 4.35.04 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-12-08 at 4.40.15 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-12-08 at 4.40.10 PM.png

No transparency bar
Horrible acceleration
Said R9 XXX

but how I said before: If I edit the kext = doesn't boot because get stuck the bar
If I add the FakeID too.

Edit: my gpu is connected in the 2th slot because I have a small case and don't space to put in the first PCI Slot. Here:
20150922151446_big.png

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.4 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:
Hey @Gigamaxx I tried boot and just keep the load bar when is in the middle , even trying the untouched the kext just adding the fakeid but If I don't inject the FakeID and of course don't touch the kext macOS Sierra boot and If I change the cable to the gnu detect the gpu with a horrible acceleration. Unplug the cable from the gpu and plug again in the mobo and get the acceleration again and everything without problem
View attachment 224253
View attachment 224254
View attachment 224255
View attachment 224256
View attachment 224257
View attachment 224258

No transparency bar
Horrible acceleration
Said R9 XXX

but how I said before: If I edit the kext = doesn't boot because get stuck the bar
If I add the FakeID too.

Edit: my gpu is connected in the 2th slot because I have a small case and don't space to put in the first PCI Slot. Here:
View attachment 224268
ATI injection is On? Set ON!!! , try Inject Intel OFF , and maybe Skylake issue ...or false Intel 530 injection. Install latest Clover.

So:
  • Intel OFF , ATI On
  • BIOS , IGPU Primary
BTW, new beta 6 come!!!
Снимок экрана 18.png

Last edited:
Bios had iGPU as primary.

Clover version: 3923.

Tried with Intel "NO" and ATI "YES" and the same (how I said in the past post) so to boot to my system again make both yes
Screen Shot 2016-12-08 at 5.37.13 PM.png

@Revod plz attach your config file on upper post

*with beta 6 , no changes with FCPX is crashes... #$%^&*()!!!

Last edited:
ATI injection is On? Set ON!!! , try Inject Intel OFF , and maybe Skylake issue ...or false Intel 530 injection. Install latest Clover.

So:
  • Intel OFF , ATI On
  • BIOS , IGPU Primary
BTW, new beta 6 come!!!
View attachment 224273

Already, that was fast.

I made the suggested edits and all works as it did before in 10.12.1. No changes in performance or glitches.

Wondering if there is a way to inject Intel graphics (for boot time and for sleep) without checking the Inject Intel = true box. Currently I'm injecting Intel and ATI (best all-around user experience) and removing Intel injection and rebooting when I need to work in FCPX.

Maybe beta 6 works better...

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.4 KB · Views: 244
@Revod , try delete Add Properties IntelGfx in Device section, and do injection... and set DarkWake=No

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back