Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra PB: Need testers for new AMD Radeon drivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I have G1 RX 470 running stable on 10.12.1. I was wondering if there is any progress on temperature monitoring for the Polaris cards, because I'm afraid it would overheat. Thanks

Hey guys, I have G1 RX 470 running stable on 10.12.1. I was wondering if there is any progress on temperature monitoring for the Polaris cards, because I'm afraid it would overheat. Thanks

I've run 100s of benchmarks with my RX 480 and never had a problem, the fan idles when its cooled down. There is "AutoWattman" running in the 9500controller kext or 4100kext, I've seen it and there is overheat protection which will shut down the card if temps exceed limits.
Temp control.pngAutoWattman.png

Last edited:
Cool, thank you very much. Now I can use my hackintosh without worries. :)

I just looked at it, I'm glad they cropped the messy desktop!
sue them for using your desktop screen cap without permission :lol:

sue them for using your desktop screen cap without permission :lol:

I'd rather see Tonymac go after them for it and bring in some money for RX testing cards for Florian. Florian has a real Mac Pro and no RX cards, I'd send one but it's out of country for me.

I'd rather see Tonymac go after them for it...

They could have at least given you credit lol (found by the user Gigamaxx) and linked to the site.

They could have at least given you credit lol (found by the user Gigamaxx) and linked to the site.

Google Polaris 10xt2 and there is a YouTube video that mentions a chap named Gigamaxx on the tonymac website. My brief brush with fame! Oh, the humanity! I just hope Apple doesn't close my account and AMD doesn't flash my Vbios to permanent black screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back