Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra PB: Need testers for new AMD Radeon drivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The boot times / shutdown times are helped along by the Intel HD4600 accelerator. Since the AMD card has to be set more as a secondary card, it is not able to lend its accelerator to that process.

The sleep issue has been a proverbial thorn in the side for some time now in the Clover world. [By the way, the current work to get the IGPU booting problem solved is also working on that one. Some systems are able to have it others are not. ???
View attachment 223828

That is mine. In Clover, I have the option dart=0 set, others need the darkwake option set. Others do not get any choice. ???

BTW, macOS Sierra 10.12.2 Public Beta Five (16C60b) is available. The relevant AMD 9500 Controller and 4100 kext have been updated to version 1.48.15, but audio is still horrifically bad.

Check this out. Polaris 12, Polaris 10XT2 (Crossfire card?) and Vega 10 of course. 9500Controller kext just got a whole lot bigger. There is a new 0x687F.C. card that benchmarked just under a 1080 rumored to be Vega 10 or RX 490 on the intraweb.
XT2.png Polaris 10 XT2 sounds like a R9 295X card minus 300 watts?

Update: WCCFwitech just used this graphic in a new article posted 12/7/16 about Vega 10, Polaris 10XT2, and P12. It"s credited as a leak, lol!

Last edited:
Polaris 10 XT2 sounds like a R9 295X card minus 300 watts?
According to AMD's previous naming scheme it sounds more like a refreshed Polaris 10 to me. They did the same with HD 7950 and HD 7970 back in the days (Tahiti Pro2 and Tahiti XT2), which ended up in the "Gigahertz Editions" (and later in the R9 rebadges). Don't know if it even was a different design, or just refined process.

Sounds way more realistical to me than a 2x P10 GPU. I hope AMD won't make this one, would look pretty desperate.

Nice find btw! ;)

According to AMD's previous naming scheme it sounds more like a refreshed Polaris 10 to me. They did the same with HD 7950 and HD 7970 back in the days (Tahiti Pro2 and Tahiti XT2), which ended up in the "Gigahertz Editions" (and later in the R9 rebadges). Don't know if it even was a different design, or just refined process.

Sounds way more realistical to me than a 2x P10 GPU. I hope AMD won't make this one, would look pretty desperate.

Nice find btw! ;)

Yeah, I should have worded it better, it looks like a dual gpu card not a crossfire card, they already crossfire in windows. They should've done this months ago but if it works and we get 1070 - 1080 performance levels that would be sweet, minus the 10% igpu loss, of course, we wouldn't have to worry about updates and drivers going out. If it's $400-$450 it will be interesting, it if it's in the $500-$600 range meh! It's good that it looks like P10XT2, and Vega 10 are seperate cards, but never put it past AMD to put out a power hungry almost close enough competitor card for the same price point.

OS X can't make full use of dual GPU boards, so it's not a real alternative for us. It would accelerate OpenCL applications (just like two separate GPUs do), but OpenGL will be stuck at single GPU speed.

I rather think that Ellesmere XT2 thing is "just" going to be standard P10 on a refreshed process (-> better efficiency and/or higher clock rates). RX 485 or something like that.

Nice find btw! ;)

Baffin prototypes.png Baffin Prototypes and the 460, 450 etc.

Have you solved the FcpX
Thanks, @Gigamaxx for the reply. I added Intel fake ID 0x04128086, and ig platform 0d220003 as you suggested and it didn't change anything. I removed Inject ATI and as you said the display in About This Mac is R9xxx (I'm okay with that as long as things work). When I Inject ATI it does display properly as RX 480, but I know that's just cosmetic.

When I run both monitors off the RX 480, the one on DisplayPort works perfect, and the one on HDMI is pixelated and rough. Both monitors have both DP and HDMI inputs, so when I switch the cables around, it makes no difference. HDMI does not work correctly, but DP does. I will have to go out and get a second DP cable I guess, which is fine. See screen shot below to see what it looks like on HDMI. EDIT: I don't have 4k monitors - both are 1080p high quality IPS displays with accurate color (Dell U2413 and HP LP2475w).

My bigger issue is that Final Cut Pro crashes as soon as I try to open a library. This has been an issue since upgrading to FCPX 10.3. FCPX 10.2.2 and 10.2.3 were working fine on my old R9 280x, even in Sierra. When I upgraded to FCPX 10.3 this problem started. I removed the R9 280x as a test, and FCPX works fine (albeit slowly) with IGPU and no graphics card installed. When I reinstalled my 280x, the displays never came back on. I tried everything I could think of and I think that card just failed, so I replaced it, hoping that would also fix my FCPX 10.3 problem. Now my new RX 480 shows the same behavior in FCPX 10.3. I really need to resolve that - I know others are running FCPX 10.3 with a RX 480, so I'm trying to hunt down the issue.

Any ideas of where to look? Can I provide my crash report, or something from Console, that those who are smarter than me can look at? I have reached the limits of what I can do on my own and I need help. Thanks!

View attachment 223247
Did you solve the FCPX problem? I just installed a R9 280X and faced the same problem, but I updated to 10.3.1 and solved the problem, try it if you haven't already. My biggest problem is that with the new 280X card I get black screen after sleep. Since you were using a similar card, is there any solution or not to bother? Are you having the same problem with the 480X?

I can not get my rx480 accelerate,why?
I am new to hackintosh,my hardware are i7 4790k,rx480,z97x-ud3h,i used unibeast and multibeast and have installed the
sierra,
changed bios igpu as primary,
clover add fakeid 0x67DF1002,
ati inject enable,
BFNmae Dayman
anything else must do to accelerate? now card name is r9XXX, memory size is right, no accelerate,my english is poor, please do not laugh at me;)

I can not get my rx480 accelerate,why?
I am new to hackintosh,my hardware are i7 4790k,rx480,z97x-ud3h,i used unibeast and multibeast and have installed the
sierra,
changed bios igpu as primary,
clover add fakeid 0x67DF1002,
ati inject enable,
BFNmae Dayman
anything else must do to accelerate? now card name is r9XXX, memory size is right, no accelerate,my english is poor, please do not laugh at me;)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
should i edit the amd kext?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
should i edit the amd kext?
  • Install latest version of CLOVER
  • Edit AMDRadeonX4100.kext on /S/L/E , add or change to 0x67DF1002
  • Set ATI Injection in CLOVER
  • Run KextUtility.app to rebuild system kernelcache

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back