Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra PB: Need testers for new AMD Radeon drivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I can use either internal gpu with 480 or 650ti and 480?
Yes, they should both work. My experience has been that igpu works best, especially if you have "metal" supported status.

So I can use either internal gpu with 480 or 650ti and 480?
And another thing, my motherboard has hdmi and dp and my monitor also has both so if I connect hdmi to internal and dp to 480 and before hitting return on clover I can switch to dp on my monitor. Will that work? Rather that than switching the cable from one to another?

Please show how you have config.plist clover.
Its in the post above, the only other relevant clover setting is this (inject kexts)..

Screen Shot 2016-11-25 at 17.06.08.png

..for loading the edited FakeSMC.kext form EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.12

And another thing, my motherboard has hdmi and dp and my monitor also has both so if I connect hdmi to internal and dp to 480 and before hitting return on clover I can switch to dp on my monitor. Will that work? Rather that than switching the cable from one to another?

Yes. When you are in sierra check your display status. If you have multiple monitors listed this can be avoided by using only one cable and switching manually. When you have multiple monitors listed it tends to draw a little performance away from the RX card, and can get confusing until you get used to the display settings. I had three monitors working at one time, one on igpu, one on RX and the other on second RX card.

It makes a small difference in performance but you can adjust things as you get your system working to get the best performance later on.

Yes. When you are in sierra check your display status. If you have multiple monitors listed this can be avoided by using only one cable and switching manually. When you have multiple monitors listed it tends to draw a little performance away from the RX card, and can get confusing until you get used to the display settings. I had three monitors working at one time, one on igpu, one on RX and the other on second RX card.

It makes a small difference in performance but you can adjust things as you get your system working to get the best performance later on.
Thanks again. I don't have multiple monitors but I can make that switch on a single monitor. Thank you for all the info. I was waiting to upgrade for 1 month to use my 4K monitor at 60hz. Now I can do that. I am looking at sapphire nitro+ 480 8gb.

Guys I'm desperate. All I tried, but my ASUS ROG Strix RX 480 not start.
At the moment:
1) The BIOS chose IGPU first
2) I am forced to work HD2000 video
3) Using a modified FakeSMC.kext the user "nightfall".
4) So I modified the AMDRadeonKs4100.kext.
5) The clover pointing FakeID 67EF1002, injected IGPU and ATI.
As a result, when loading at the start RH480 start spinning fans on and off the monitor.

Guys I'm desperate. All I tried, but my ASUS ROG Strix RX 480 not start.
At the moment:
1) The BIOS chose IGPU first
2) I am forced to work HD2000 video
3) Using a modified FakeSMC.kext the user "nightfall".
4) So I modified the AMDRadeonKs4100.kext.
5) The clover pointing FakeID 67EF1002, injected IGPU and ATI.
As a result, when loading at the start RH480 start spinning fans on and off the monitor.

Don't inject Intel, and remove the 67EF ID. Doing the change to 4100kext alone should get you support if you don't add anything else using clover 3923.

Also don't forget to rebuild the kext cache with kext utility.
If you don't do that, it won't work.

Yeah, I have the same bios settings.

I actually never tried the x4100.kext editing. I did the FakeSMC.kext edit (here is my edited fakesmc, you just need to edit the info plist, you can find more info on page 68 of this thread or use the one in this post)

And here are my clover settings (latest clover, macOS 10.12.2 beta, Sapphire Nitro RX480 8gb, ivy bridge i5 with hd2500)

View attachment 222417 View attachment 222418
Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back