Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra PB: Need testers for new AMD Radeon drivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently on Clover v. 3923. I have a MSI RX460 4GB. Do I need to check "Inject ATI"? Currently it shows as "Renderer: AMD Radeon HD Baffin Prototype OpenGL Engine" and AMD R9 XXX in the system profile.

If you stay as you are (not injecting ati), you should have acceleration and the name change is easy, I wrote a clover patch some many pages back that will take care of it for you.

If you do make the change to injecting ati, I think you will get acceleration and some more improvement, BUT, make sure you apply Mork's patch for the RX 460 cards (It is on page 92 of this thread in his reply to my message about changes in Clover v. 3911). Otherwise you might end up with a running system but with a black screen.

I have been seeing steady improvement in performance and stability from 10.12.x to the 12.1 beta ( Unigine Valley went from 852 to 874 [maximum quality, etc. 1920 x 1080 settings] while Unigine Heaven went from 444 to 449 [max quality, etc. 1920 x 1080] to the current 10.12.2 PB3 with Unigine Valley at 883 and Heaven at 454, both at max quality and 1920 x 1080 settings). I am using the inject ATi option without any other fake id or what not and without the name patch.

p.s. I am using a Gigabyte RX 460 4 GB card.

It is not the kext which applies DAYMAN as framebuffer - it is CLOVER. And courious: DAYMAN fits perfectly on my RX480, cause i don't have any connectorspatch for DAYMAN within my config.plist - just using "Inject ATI", nothing else.
Currently on Clover v. 3923. I have a MSI RX460 4GB. Do I need to check "Inject ATI"? Currently it shows as "Renderer: AMD Radeon HD Baffin Prototype OpenGL Engine" and AMD R9 XXX in the system profile.

It automatically changes the name to AMD Radeon RX 480 if you use inject ATI in clover. Delete fake id if you have it and Framebuffer should also come up as Dayman. This pretty cool, its working well so far.

For the FCPX users. I can now confirm the RX480 works perfectly with the color finale plugin (version 1.61).

Regarding the drivers. I notice the RX480 Luxmark scores are low compared to windows and it's only picking up that the graphics card has 16 compute units?
Anyone know if it's possible to fix this, or do we have to wait to see with apple with offer a real RX480 driver?

I can't get my Sapphire NITRO+ Radeon RX 470 8GB to work properly.
I've updated to the latest Sierra PB (10.12.2) which should have overwritten my x4100.kext (and therefore any changes I did to the kext before), right?
I'm booting to clover with my Displayport cable plugged into the RX 470 just fine, in the boot options I select "Inject ATI" and I'm able to boot to a "kind of" black screen, because when I click the mouse button to show Mission Control I'm able to see the Dock, everything else stays black except the mouse pointer, any ideas how to solve these problems?

Unfortunately, I've hackintoshed a Dell T20 which provides no BIOS settings for using the integrated GPU as the only GPU.
I'm thinking about crossgrading the BIOS to the one of the T1700 which provides a setting for "Use integrated GPU only", but I would only try this as a last resort, especially since I'm not entirely sure whether that whole "boot iGPU and the plug in the RX 470 while you see the clover screen" is still needed.

Any help would be highly appreciated - you can also contact me with a PM in German. ;-)

BTW , without injection Intel HD 4600 in clover , +3-7 FPS in "Valley" test, bad thing is Ghost monitor by intel too...:geek:

Btw, it takes like a whole minute to boot (clover progress bar) with RX480, any idea how to speed it up?

I can't get my Sapphire NITRO+ Radeon RX 470 8GB to work properly.
I've updated to the latest Sierra PB (10.12.2) which should have overwritten my x4100.kext (and therefore any changes I did to the kext before), right?
I'm booting to clover with my Displayport cable plugged into the RX 470 just fine, in the boot options I select "Inject ATI" and I'm able to boot to a "kind of" black screen, because when I click the mouse button to show Mission Control I'm able to see the Dock, everything else stays black except the mouse pointer, any ideas how to solve these problems?

Unfortunately, I've hackintoshed a Dell T20 which provides no BIOS settings for using the integrated GPU as the only GPU.
I'm thinking about crossgrading the BIOS to the one of the T1700 which provides a setting for "Use integrated GPU only", but I would only try this as a last resort, especially since I'm not entirely sure whether that whole "boot iGPU and the plug in the RX 470 while you see the clover screen" is still needed.

Any help would be highly appreciated - you can also contact me with a PM in German. ;-)
Which version of clover are you using?
If you remove the current version in EFI partition and reload with the latest 3923?

All you need to do is the 4100kext ID change, and use inject ATI. Don't use fake ID, Framebuffer Baffin, edid, or loadvbios.

Btw, it takes like a whole minute to boot (clover progress bar) with RX480, any idea how to speed it up?

Are you injecting a lot of kexts and Kernel patches? If you look at the latest clover bootloader 3923, the Drivers64uefi folder has a lot of drivers added, and it's loading Dayman Framebuffer as well. I've noticed the screen plugged into the RX 480 pops up and goes blank about 3 times before landing solid and being useable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back