Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra PB: Need testers for new AMD Radeon drivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I am a beginner in hackintosh and i bought Asus AMD Radeon RX 480 8GB card. I tried to accelerate the card with the help of Phillip's Garage (
) Youtube Video. But I didn't get accelerated. Anybody help me to accelerate the card with screen shot or video.

Thank you

There's a picture guide "enabling AMD RX 4xx cards in Sierra" in this site. The trick is to remove the AMD4000kext, or if in beta the AMD4001kext from the contents folder, make the changes and then replace. Before you restart you need to use kextbeast, kextwizzrd (from another site) or some kind of kext permissions software.
Try it again using the picture guide and watching the video a few times prior, it will make more sense. You don't need to go into repair disk mode to make the change as shown in video.

There are reports that the Gigabyte and Asus brand RX 480 cards do not work with this process.

XFX, sapphire, powercooler red devil cards are reported to work.

Asus 480 works on REAL mac in beta by modifying AMDRadeonX4100.kext: http://barefeats.com/sierra_rx480.html
I think it should work on hackintosh as well.

Give it a try, let us know if you can get it working and how you achieved success.
I had instant success with the Gigabyte RX 460, but the Gigabyte rx480 was not workable for me. I always went back to my control card XFX RX 480 reference after testing different cards to make sure settings were correct.

It would be great to see all brands working and it may be that the card vendors need to submit more to Apple to incorporate into Sierra software.

I'm waiting foe someone to try out the new Beta before I install. No change?

Last edited:
Yeah me too. Anyone try the new beta 5 for AMD and HD530?

Yes. doesn't seem any better than beta 4 to me. haven't tested the 530 though.

With regard to just the 530 I can tell you folks that beta 5 has not resolved the upper left display issue. :(

well upgraded to latest beta. Check the screenshots in attachment. No improvement in performance, rather maybe a tiny fps decrease? :p

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-10-21 at 3.00.20 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-10-21 at 3.00.20 AM.png
    136.3 KB · Views: 189
  • Screen Shot 2016-10-21 at 2.12.01 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-10-21 at 2.12.01 AM.png
    109 KB · Views: 197
Great news for Photographers: Can now confirm real 30-Bit is working with PowerColor RX480 8 GB under Photoshop CC and Sierra Beta 3 and Monitor that supports 10-Bit/Colorchannel (14Bit-3DLUT)

30Bit.png

The 67DF definition is in the AMD9500controller kext but not in Baffin as of yet so don't despair. The 67EO definition could be this new card as of Beta 4 the 67FF definition in 4100kext works for the RX 480 if you apply the same fix as with 67EO.
Hello again, i'm a little confused, did you mean that 470 should use id 0x67E0 instead of 0x67DF? I was always using 0x67DF1002

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back