Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra PB: Need testers for new AMD Radeon drivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to download high sierra but it’s just 19.9 mb in size. Anyway I will be installing it on another HDD to test first. Any guide or specific way to enable rx480? Like in Sierra?

After clean reinstall of "final" High Sierra
My Vega 64 works much better...

I mean...
Heaven Benchmark (at least) done (without freeze), all others benchmarks OK,
I can do a lot more without that system freeze, but it's steel not perfect because
when I use Chrome or Opera (after while for example on YouTube) I have same problems like before
BIG Freeze and Session restart or UltraBig Freeze and I have to restart PC....

On the same time, I have a little nice performance improvement with my CPU 7900X :)
Lilu kext - used 1.1.7
Whatevergreen 1.0.4

BTW: About Internet browser- in Safari everything works perfect, :)
but some people like me "need more than 2" browsers on the same time
so I hope it will be fixed soon :)

Last edited:
I am trying to download high sierra but it’s just 19.9 mb in size. Anyway I will be installing it on another HDD to test first. Any guide or specific way to enable rx480? Like in Sierra?

It works with igpu, but now you should get native audio through HDMI/DisplayPort..

Look into the lilukext and whatevergreenkext fixes to allow the RX 480 to work without igpu or helper card.

Update to latest clover and add ApfsEFI to your Clover Drivers64EFI folder before update. HS automatically defaults to APFS system and vnand or SSD technology. Also, opt out of the iCloud storage for files unless you don't mind storing in the cloud and paying for space.

It's already starting a little, my local parts retailer is seeing the returns start to come back. I dont like what it's done to the pricing though. XFX RX580 going for $369.00, my XFX RX480 was $250. $130 for a 5% performance increase, that's not worth it. I don't know how they can sell vega 56 for $399 just $30 more than a RX 580. It will be interesting to see how high they go.
the pricing for vega in europe is totally abnoxious ...doublke then that of usa frontier edition costs 1500 euro to 2000 and normal 8gb vega cost 640-750 euro .....thats whack pricing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back