Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra PB: Need testers for new AMD Radeon drivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z170X-UD5
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
Vega 56
Mobile Phone
Android
There isn't one for IGPU, you have Device ID or Fake ID and IG platform ID which assigns accelerator/ frame buffer.

So for PCI graphics cards you have fake ID and Framebuffer CPU graphics Fake ID and Ig platform.
How does my configuration look for the IGPU?

I think I was getting the freezing because I didn't have anything in the FakeID and ig-platform-id fields.

01 devices.jpg

02 graphics.jpeg

Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z170M D3H
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
RX 480
Mac
iMac
I red the last 10 sites of backlog twice but now i'm totally confused. For now i'm giving up on that :crazy:
I've tried to include some hints in Clover Configurator with my current config.plist but maybe i'm just too dumb since i don't get it or it's already too late, i don't know.
I put both kexts, Lilu and WhateverGreen into EFIs CLOVER/kexts/Other and /System/Library/Extensions
My current config.plist is still at the same state like used before on 10.12.3. I just updated to 10.12.6 so far.
Using the iGPU in config.plist, even when disabled in BIOS for OSX app acceleration and overall stable FCPX seems a good idea. My CPU is a Skylake 4GHz i7 and i've enabled HWP in Clover Configurator. Overall i'd like to do the same as others already did with their RX480. Can anyone please load my attached file in Clover Configurator and verify/edit it?

I removed a lot of your Kexts patches, they were for RX 480 but are not needed in Sierra 12.6. I changed symbios to iMac 18.3 i7 7700k. Give it a try it should work for lilukext and green.

Attachments

Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z170M D3H
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
RX 480
Mac
iMac
How does my configuration look for the IGPU?

I think I was getting the freezing because I didn't have anything in the FakeID and ig-platform-id fields.

View attachment 270624

View attachment 270623

Sierra really changed from 12.5 to 12.6 and High Sierra for Intel graphics.

Try ig 0x19120001, and devices ID 0x0000000 as you have it. I noticed you have the old GFXtile fix maybe try without it and only the ig 0x19120001.

Motherboard
GA-Z170X-UD5
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
Vega 56
Mobile Phone
Android
Sierra really changed from 12.5 to 12.6 and High Sierra for Intel graphics.

Try ig 0x19120001, and devices ID 0x0000000 as you have it. I noticed you have the old GFXtile fix maybe try without it and only the ig 0x19120001.
Do you mean the IntelGFX entry in the Add Properties field in the Device section?

Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z170M D3H
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
RX 480
Mac
iMac
Do you mean the IntelGFX entry in the Add Properties field in the Device section?

Edit, yes.

My RX 480 and the 460 both work well with this setup on Skylake i5 6500 3.2GHz and Kaby lake i3 7350k 4.2GHz, just simple IGPU settings. Even with the lilukext and green fix I can use with IGPU or without only need to set bios for IGFX or PEG.

Last edited:
Motherboard
GA-Z170X-UD5
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
Vega 56
Mobile Phone
Android
Edit, yes.

My RX 480 and the 460 both work well with this setup on Skylake i5 6500 3.2GHz and Kaby lake i3 7350k 4.2GHz, just simple IGPU settings. Even with the lilukext and green fix I can use with IGPU or without only need to set bios for IGFX or PEG.
Thanks!

I just removed the entry and I restarted. Now we wait.

Motherboard
GA-Z170x-Designare
CPU
Core i7-6700k
Graphics
AMD FirePro W9000 + Radeon 7970
Some combination of flags in AMD7000Controller.kext may have fixed my video playback glitching issues.

I simply copied over some of the CFG and PP flags that were set in the MacPro framebuffers (Kani,Ikura,Maguro ... I used Kani) into the defaults section. This included:

CFG_USE_READ_VALIDATION
PP_MediumStateDownHysteresisTimeOut
PP_SISLANDSMediumStateHysteresisDown

I also set PP_DisablePowerContainment to 1.

Remember, I'm using a FirePro W9000 and Radeon 7970, both of which are close if not identical to the D700 in a MacPro 6,1.

Not sure which of these was the magic bullet yet.

It's also important to note that it seems getting the multi stream cables in the right order relative to the ports on the card is important. If a display glitches often or fails to initialize properly when resuming from sleep, swapping the cable order seems to help.
Had some time to follow up on this and can confirm copying the following params are what fixed the video glitching.

PP_MediumStateDownHysteresisTimeOut
PP_SISLANDSMediumStateHysteresisDown

Based on the naming of the params, the glitches are probably caused by the video card switching to a lower power state too aggressively, which causes the glitch. It's likely these params cause the OS to downshift the GPU less aggressively.

On a side note, the new ability of WhateverGreen to inject CFG and PP params is greatly simplifying the edits and testing I need for my 5K monitors.

Note: These are issues likely specific to AMD7000Controller generation hardware.

Last edited:
For other noobs like me, I struggled to get my Fury X working with lilu and whatevergreen, most posts say just to put kexts into the boot loader and be done with it, HOWEVER, you still have to make the AMDRadeonX4100.kext modification as well, once I did this, full hardware acceleration! works perfectly.

Motherboard
Gigabyte H270N WiFi
CPU
i5-7500
Graphics
Quadro K1200
Mac
MacBook Pro
I am experiencing garbled video in browsers Chrome and Safari, where video would load but garbled if hardware acceleration is enabled.
Some webpages wouldn't load if hardware acceleration is disabled on safari, Facebook/youtube etc... Chrome seems to be fine on this.
Just wondering if anyone is having this same issue.
For now, I disabled iGPU in UEFI/BIOS as a temporary fix for the problem.

I only have one DP cable from rx480 to monitor.

specs:
RX480 reference from MSI
GA-H270N-WIFI
i7-7700/HD630

using Whatevergreen + Lilu, on 10.12.6, no FakeCPUID, ig-platform-id 59120000

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 3
CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
RX 480
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Frist many many thx to you @Gigamaxx and your help! :thumbup::wave:

Today i some strange things happen here, but in a positive way:
- the System works without iGPU enabled
- audio via DP is available and works
- i received a speed bump compared to the configuration used before with 10.12.3 and some days after the update to 10.12.6 (config.plist)
- sleep and wakeup works flawlessy like before
- audio is still fully functional after waking up from sleep
- the System don't powers on again after shutting down in infinite loops
- FCPX/Motion don't crash anymore when selecting the filter list or just quitting the application

What was done?
I replaced the newly configured config.plist (#2848) and then run Kext Wizard. Before i put both kexts, Lilu and WhateverGreen in the most actual version into EFIs CLOVER/kexts/Other and /System/Library/Extensions.
Then the system rebooted. I didn't disable iGPU for now. The system came up and i recorgnized that sound via DP was shown up.
But it wasn't fully functional. It was slowish and really bad. I checked some things, then rebooted again and disabled iGPU completely and flagged primary GPU as PCIe Slot 1. Then rebooted again.

I could already see the boot loader, the Apple logo and the progressbar. The system came up as usual - YAY! :clap:
I checked sound again with a h.264 movie -> voila, the sound was good. Thats the first time i listen to monitors speakers since i own it. The sound quality wouldn't nuke you out of your seat, but it's good for office work, watching TV, and probably some gaming. I can't tell you because of the quality from the build in speakers or because of the sound/software implementation (audio via DP) of the current stage. I just lost my onboard audio (Realtek ALC1150).
@Gigamaxx can this be fixed? I'd like to be able to use it side by side.

I can't see any glitches while watching h.264 movies, youtube videos or online tv channels via CloudTV for example.
The movie timeline seems to be always synchronous with the audio timeline, doesn't matter how long you follow it, skip minutes or retry it before/after sleep mode. I tested the whole day.

I also tested some games which also run without any issues.

Suddenly i checked the mainboard manufacturers support section and saw that there was a BIOS update since Intel had a HT CPU flaw back in June. I didn't realized that. So i put the latest update on the EEPROM.
Then i had to fuXXin reconfigure the whole settings because i lost them all. AFAIR i rebuild the settings like before but enabled ErP in Power settings and enabled all Power Features of the Skylake CPU.

My system works stable with auto overclocking of all cores up to 4,6GHz and strong RAM mapping without adding more voltage to CPU, RAM or chipset. My RedDevil RX480 is default clocked.

I also updated HW-Monitor to the latest since the autoupdate bug prevented to see any newer releases. I also put the kext files Systems extension directory.

What i've tested:
- Complete Adobe CC 2017 suite
- Complete FCPX suite (10.3.3)
- Autopano Giga 4.4
- Davinci Resolve Studio 12.5
- EditReady 1.4.5
- Film Convert
- FireFox 54.0.1
- CloudTV 3.8.5
- Civilization VI 1.0
- F1 2016 1.0

My Luxmark result rise for over 600 points compared to before.
Overall i never noticed any freezes. Games like F1 2016 runs on fluently on 3440x1440 on ultra settings.
I tested Cloud TV, a h.264 movie and a youtube stream at the same time without any trouble or asynchronous timelines.
The youtube stream i tested (in Firefox) was:
I don't know what to proof more o_O

Open questions:
- How can i check if iGPU is really used for acceleration of h.264 movies, FCPX stuff, youtube videos.... after disabling in BIOS?
- How can i make onboard audio output (Realtek ALC1150) available side by side with sound via DP in sound preferences?
- Skylake HWP is still nice to have in 10.12.6? If yes, i saw a checkbox in Clover Configurator to enable it or do i need more?

Hope this backlog might help somehow. :wave:

Attachments

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.