Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra PB: Need testers for new AMD Radeon drivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z170X-UD5
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
Vega 56
Mobile Phone
Android
No more freezing!!!

I put WhateverGreen.kext and WhateverGreen.kext.dSYM version 1.0.2, along with Lilu.kext and Lilu.kext.dSYM version 1.1.6 in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other. Then I restarted and disabled my IGPU. Then I left my computer on over night and BOOM SHAKALAKA!!! It was still running when I woke up!!! No more freezing!!!

I am so beyond excited!!! Now I don't have to use the IGPU, nor do I have to upgrade to Vega.

:headbang:
I spoke too soon! :mad:

My system froze up again. I tried putting WhateverGreen and Lilu in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other, and in /System/Library/Extensions, and sadly it still froze up. So I removed WhateverGreen and Lilu from EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other while keeping them in /System/Library/Extensions and it froze up yet again. Then I removed WhateverGreen and Lilu from my system all together and I re-enabled the IGPU. I was using the IGPU for the Clover boot process, then I would switch to the GPU for macOS. Unfortunately my system froze up again while I was streaming to my TV using Plex.

So I had no choice but to remove all of the AMD kexts from /System/Library/Extensions. Now I am using the IGPU for the Clover boot process as well as macOS.

about.jpg

Hopefully my system won't freeze anymore.

I will keep you guys posted.

Motherboard
GA-Z170X-UD5
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
Vega 56
Mobile Phone
Android
WhateverGreen 1.0.3 was released. If you're using an old AppleALC kext, then this might be a problem, update to latest version too.
My system just locked up again.

It's something else. :crazy:

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 3
CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
RX 480
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Sierra 12.6 has all the native drivers and CU fix already to go, you can use CPU graphics but you may need to reconfigure your IGPU settings and fixes if you are using those in 12.5. I am able to get the RX 460-480 working with Skylake CPU without any major fixes for CPU.

Clover settings:
Inject Intel, fake ID 0x00000000, ig 19120001 it gives me HD 530 1536mb and the RX 480 gets full acceleration and proper CU count. If you have preexisting fixes like lilukext, or other HD 530 Intel fixes then you may need to either remove them or find the latest updated fix for Sierra 12.6. The above settings will work but you need to remove any other fixes or it ma not.
Can you please show me how and where do i have to inject Intel in Clover Configurator? I never did this before.
The section "Graphics" is the correct one? There's a line with "dual link" "FB Name"........ what should i enter there beside your given information?

Motherboard
CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
RX 480
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac
yes without you wont hardware acceleration in fcpx or safari for example while watching youtube videos. you can confirm it working by VDADecoderCheckerSierra. Why do you need to have this acceleration? it will help the cpu itself to outsource some pf the decodings to igpu.
Ok, thank you for explaination but how does the injection helps to do so when the BIOS already disabled the iGPU before and many people in here watch out to only use the RX480 without it?

Motherboard
GA-Z170X-UD5
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
Vega 56
Mobile Phone
Android
Can you please show me how and where do i have to inject Intel in Clover Configurator? I never did this before.
The section "Graphics" is the correct one? There's a line with "dual link" "FB Name"........ what should i enter there beside your given information?
In the Devices section you put 0x00000000 in the IntelGFX field.

In the Graphics section you put 19120001 in the ig-platform-id field.

Motherboard
CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
RX 480
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac
I red the last 10 sites of backlog twice but now i'm totally confused. For now i'm giving up on that :crazy:
I've tried to include some hints in Clover Configurator with my current config.plist but maybe i'm just too dumb since i don't get it or it's already too late, i don't know.
I put both kexts, Lilu and WhateverGreen into EFIs CLOVER/kexts/Other and /System/Library/Extensions
My current config.plist is still at the same state like used before on 10.12.3. I just updated to 10.12.6 so far.
Using the iGPU in config.plist, even when disabled in BIOS for OSX app acceleration and overall stable FCPX seems a good idea. My CPU is a Skylake 4GHz i7 and i've enabled HWP in Clover Configurator. Overall i'd like to do the same as others already did with their RX480. Can anyone please load my attached file in Clover Configurator and verify/edit it?

Attachments

Last edited:
Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z170M D3H
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
RX 480
Mac
iMac
For graphics there are two places to make edits. In Devices you can put ATI, Nvidia, Intel fake IDs, then in the graphics section you can edit the ig platform ID and Framebuffer etc..

Motherboard
GA-Z170X-UD5
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
Vega 56
Mobile Phone
Android
For graphics there are two places to make edits. In Devices you can put ATI, Nvidia, Intel fake IDs, then in the graphics section you can edit the ig platform ID and Framebuffer etc..
What do I put in the Framebuffer field for the Intel 530?

Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z170M D3H
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
RX 480
Mac
iMac
What do I put in the Framebuffer field for the Intel 530?
There isn't one for IGPU, you have Device ID or Fake ID and IG platform ID which assigns accelerator/ frame buffer.

So for PCI graphics cards you have fake ID and Framebuffer CPU graphics Fake ID and Ig platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.